Chapter 2

"Owwww. K.. Kit." Patches whispers loudly. "Owww, hut."

"Hmmm?" Kirstie answers as she pulls the covers over her shoulder. The wedding, a little partying and a lot of lovemaking, she was exhausted and wanted to get some sleep before their flight to Texas.

"Mmm Hut, Kit." Patches says once more before shaking her shoulder. "Oww Owww."

"What, Baby?" Kirstie answers as she tries to open her eyes.

She looks over her shoulder to see him holding up his left hand and pointing to Patch's wedding band.

"Oh, hush. That ring is not hurting your finger." Kirstie chuckles.

"H .. Hut. Owww." Patches says and nods.

"Yeah?" Kirstie answers as she hears a light tap on the bedroom door.

"Good morning." Jenika says as she peeks in. "I thought I heard voices."

"Patches doesn't know the meaning of sleeping in." Kirstie smiles as she tugs on his beard.

"Oww." Patches whines as he grabs his face.

"Adam doesn't either. He woke us up bright and early this morning wanting to leave." Jenika smiles. "Tim is downstairs starting breakfast."

"Je, hut." Patches says, holding his left hand up to Jenika.

"What happened, Sweetie?" Jenika says taking his hand thinking she was going to see a small cut or something.

"Oh, nothing is wrong with him. He's claiming the ring is hurting his finger." Kirstie says, shaking her head.

"He's just not used to wearing a ring. It would probably be a good idea, though, to take it off while he's here." Jenika says. "He could lose it if he manages to get it off."

"That's true." Kirstie says as she reaches for Patches's hand. "Give me your hand and I'll take it off."

Patches giggles as he scoots closer, holding out his hand.

"You're such a little dork." Kirstie smirks as she removes the ring from his finger.

"NAAAA!" Patches leans over shaking his head close to her face. "Mmm Do." (dork)

He giggles as he climbs off the bed and skips pass Jenika and out of the room.

"You can just keep the ring with you so you'll have it when your husband shows back up." Jenika says.

"Husband." Kirstie repeats the word as she smiles at the wedding ring in her hand.

"JENIKA MAE! KIRSTIN TAYLOR!" Tim's bass voice rings out from downstairs.

"Uh, Oh." Jenika laughs.

"WILL YALL COME GET THESE YAHOOS!!!???" Tim yells.

"Oh, no." Kirstie giggles as she slips on her house shoes.

The girls hurry out into the hallway where they meet Kevin coming out of his bedroom.

"What in the world is going on?" He yawns.

"Who knows." Jenika replies with a chuckle.

The closer they get to the kitchen they hear laughing, running and dogs barking.

"Don't sound good." Kevin chuckles.

As they enter the kitchen, the chaos is evident.

Adam, Patches and Emily were running around the table playing tag as Satchmo and Mack chased them, barking loudly. Tim was trying to stoop down to clean up a dozen eggs that he had dropped.