Chapter 27

"You know that you don't have to babysit me, right?" Tim chuckles as he and Chance watch the others in the pool.

"I didn't want to leave you sitting by yourself." Chance smiles. "Besides, I didn't bring any swimming trunks."

"Two things." Tim grins as he holds up two fingers. "One, I can still swim. Maybe not as good as I used to but I still can and two, Adam and I have swimming trunks that you can wear. So you have no excuse."

"Only if you go swimming too." Chance says.

"I don't know about that, Chance." Tim says, shaking his head.

"Do you swim with or without your leg?" Chance asks. He knew Tim was very self-conscious about people seeing his leg.

"Without." Tim answers quietly. "I've tried swimming with it but it gets my leg hurting."

"Come on, Tim. For me?" Chance asks as he pouts.

"Oh, come on, Chance. You know I hate it when you pout." Tim rolls his eyes as he shakes his head.

"Pleaseeee." Chance says as he sticks his bottom lip out farther in an over-dramatic pout.

"But what if it grosses Olena and Sami out?" Tim asks as he watches the others having a blast in the pool.

"It won't." Chance says, shaking his head.

"But what if it does?" Tim asks.

"Tim." Chance says sternly as he raises his brows.

"Okay." Tim sighs in defeat. He could never win an argument against Chance.

"Great! Come on." Chance smiles as he hands Tim his cane.

~~

"Chance? Do you think I'm fat?" Tim asks as he stares at himself leaning on his crutches in front of the mirror after he had changed.

"What? Where is this coming from?" Chance chuckles as he comes out of the bathroom wearing a pair of swimming trunks.

"I've put on a lot of weight since we were together. I was pretty skinny then." Tim says.

"I don't think you're fat at all. Did Jenika say something about your weight?" Chance asks. 

Tim sighs and hangs his head giving Chance the answer that he wasn't wanting to hear. 

"You listen to me, Timmy." Chance says as he reaches out and turns Tim around to face him. "The b*tch didn't know what she had. She was too stupid to realize that she had the best thing that she could ever have. You."

Tim hangs his head feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Hey." Chance says as he places a finger under Tim's chin, lifting his head. "Let's go have some fun."

Tim's eyes widen as Chance leans in and kisses him quickly on the lips.

"Oh, my God!" Chance says as he jumps back after realizing what he had done. "I'm so sorry! Why in the hell did I do that! D*mn, I'm such an idiot!"

Tim slowly lays his fingers on his lips as Chance turns around to head back to the bathroom.

"Maybe I just need to change and go back to the hotel." Chance says.

"What?! No." Tim reaches out and grabs him by the arm. "It just surprised me. But it's okay. Really. Please stay."

"I just made a fool out of myself." Chance says.

"No, you didn't. Please?" Tim pouts.

"Timmy, don't do that." Chance chuckles as he shakes his head.