Chapter 30

** On my last update of Patches, _ImagineDragons_0 had asked for a double. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the chapter in time. Actually, I was working on the divorce chapter. Which, by the way, may be the next chapter.  :)  I thought I would throw this update in and take Friday off just to write. Enjoy!!

********

"What?" Chance asks. He was in total shock at what he had just heard. Tim needs him?

"Uh..." Tim says and quickly hangs his head. "Open mouth insert foot." He mutters to himself.

Chance places a finger under Tim's chin and lifts his head. As their eyes meet and he could see the worry in Tim's brown eyes. They had just talked about taking it slowly had he jumped the gun.

"Ma..Maybe I shouldn't have said..." Tim says before being hushed by Chance's lips on his.

There was that feeling again. The rapid heartbeat, the electricity surging through his veins, the butterflies in his stomach. It happens every time Chance kisses him.

Tim grips the front of Chance's shirt as he gladly welcomes the kiss. Chance slides his hand around to the back of Tim's neck as the kiss heats up.

"Oh!" Kirstie surely didn't expect to see Tim and Chance in such a heated kiss as she pulled back the flap of the tent.

The two men quickly jump apart. The nervousness of the two made her smile. Tim runs a hand through his hair as Chance adjusts his ball cap. Neither would look at her.

"It's okay, you know." Kirstie smiles. "I'm all for it."

"I know." Tim says as he raises his eyes to the smiling blonde. "You just startled us."

"Have you ask him?" Kirstie asks.

"Ask him what?" Tim asks with a furrowed brow.

"What we talked about this morning?" Kirstie answers with a smirk.

"Oh! No, I haven't." Tim smiles and shakes his head. "I was, uh, distracted."

"What were you suppose to ask me?" Chance questions.

"We know that you've been staying at that condo which really must be expensive." Tim says as he rubs the back of his neck. "We, uh, we have an extra bedroom..."

"I'd love to." Chance says with a smile.

"I haven't asked you yet." Tim says as he looks up at his ex-boyfriend.

"Ooo, still sassy after all these years." Chance chuckles. "I like that."

Tim smiles and hangs his head. "We would really love for you to stay with us."

Chance looks around at Kirstie and she nods eagerly.

"And my answer is still the same." Chance leans forward and kisses Tim's cheek. "I would love to."

"YAYYYY!!!" Adam and Patches suddenly rush into the tent tackling the two unsuspecting men to the floor. They had been standing quietly out of view, listening to what was being discussed.

"You gonna be yibbin wid us?" Adam asks. A huge smile on his face.

"Do you want me to?" Chance smiles at the blonde's excitement.

"Asolwootwe." Adam nods. (absolutely)

"Ass." Patches nods in agreement. (his attempt to say absolutely)

"Well, how can I say no to you guys." Chance smiles.

"Twust me, you can't." Adam giggles as he and Patches attacks Chance with hugs, knocking him over.

Kirstie smiles and rubs Tim on the back and gives him a wink. As they watch the boys welcome their new house guest.

~~

Kirstie walks into the living room and sees Tim sitting at the piano, writing. She has seen him do this many times. Most people write their thoughts in diaries or journals, Tim writes his feelings into a song only to be closed away inside his notebook.

"Well, the boys are taking a nap. Where's Chance? Has he not got back yet?" She asks as she sits down beside him on the piano stool.

"No, he said it would probably take a while." Tim answers as he continues to write.

"What are you writing?" She asks.

"Nothing really." Tim shrugs. "Just my thoughts, I guess."

"Can I hear it before you lock it away? Please?" Kirstie says with an over-dramatic pout.

"I guess. If you really want to." Tim shrugs.

"I do." Kirstie nods with a smile.

Tim props the notebook up and clears his throat as he lays his fingers on the keys of the piano.

Chance stands quietly at the door and listens to their conversation. He sat his suitcases down beside him. Careful not to make any noise to disrupt them.

As Tim begins his song, Chance hung to every word. A lump rose in his throat as tears fill his eyes. 

**a/n: No. Tim Foust did not write this song but in this story he did. Please, do not skip over this song. Listen to the words.

(Lyrics)

An orchid is a flower that blooms so tenderly
It thrills the fairest lady of the land
If placed beside a blushing rose the rose could not compare
But how was such as I, to understand.

Chorus:
I overlooked an orchid while searching for a rose
The orchid that I overlooked was you.
The rose that I was searching for has proved to be untrue
The orchid that I find my dear was you.

--- Instrumental ---

The rose has lost it's color, but the orchid stays the same
And I'm alone to face these lonely years
I didn't see the orchid, I was searching for a rose
And now I pay the price with bitter tears.

Chorus:
I overlooked an orchid while searching for a rose
The orchid that I overlooked was you
The rose that I was searching for has proved to be untrue
The orchid that I find my dear was you.

As Tim finishes singing, he quickly wipes his eyes.

"That was beautiful. And you know what? I think you and Chance were meant to be together. You've been given another chance, Tim." Kirstie says softly. "That orchid is here, Sweetie."

"Yeah, and I'm not going anywhere." Chance speaks up from where he had been standing.

Tim and Kirstie quickly look around at the sound of his voice.

"I'll be damn if I let you go this time." Chance says as tears roll down his cheeks. "I should have fought harder for you, Tim. But instead, I let you slip away. I won't make that same mistake twice."

********

Please, VOTE  and COMMENT!!