Chapter 3

After a few hours on the plane, putting up with two very rowdy 'boys' and a screaming kid in the seat behind Tim and Jenika, Tim and the girls were ready to land and kiss the ground.

Tim was in bad need of a cigarette and was offering money to which ever girl would punch the mother of the screaming kid in the face.

Jenika had a headache the size of the state they were heading for. Kirstie was busy tending to a very bored and irritable Emily.

"Thank you, Jesus." Tim mumbles as the pilot announces their decent to the Houston Airport.

"Is Gandma Dena coming to get us." Adam asks as the plane lands on the runway.

"Yeah, Sweetie, she is." Jenika says as she rubs her temples. She was just about ready to take the money that Tim had offered to punch the lady who had ignored her screaming kid during the whole flight. Money? Heck, she would have done it for free.

Dena had rented a van to pick up her son and the others. She waited patiently for them to come out of the terminal.

"K ..Kit? Mmm Dee?" Patches asks as they were coming down the terminal. (whose Dena)

"Dena is Tim's mommy. You met her at Tim and Jenika's wedding. Remember?" Kirstie asks.

Patches walks in silent trying to remember. That was an awfully long time ago for him to remember. He then remembers the short lady wearing glasses.

"Ohhhh." He finally answers and nods his head. He puts his fingers around his eyes, signalling glasses. "Gas." (glasses)

"That's right. She wears glasses." Kirstie smiles.

"GANDMA DENA!" Adam suddenly shouts with excitement and points. He takes off running toward Dena with Patches skipping along behind him.

"DEE!" Patches giggles as he skips.

"BOYS! WAIT UP!" Tim yells as he and the girls try to grab their luggage. Jenika was trying to help Kirstie also since she was trying to hang on to Emily.

"That's okay, Tim, honey. I got them." Dena laughs as she catches the boys by the hands to keep them from getting lost in the crowd.

They make their way out to the van parked in the garage area. 

Tim drops the luggage next to the van and quickly lights a cigarette. He closes his eyes enjoying his first puff. As he opens his eyes, he sees the three ladies looking at him.

"I don't think any of you have the balls to take this from me right now." Tim says, raising a brow.

"Tim." Dena laughs as she covers Adams ears.

"Mmm ba? Pay ba." Patches nods. (ball, play ball)

"Get in the van, Precious." Kirstie tells Patches as she slaps Tim on the arm.

The ride back to Nederland was a lot more relaxing than their flight. Kirstie, Emily and Patches were taking in the scenery considering they had ever been to Texas. Tim, Jenika, Adam and Dena caught up on what's been happening.

It had been years since Tim and Jenika had been back to Nederland. Dena was pointing out all the changes in town as they arrived.

They pull up in front of Dena's home and everyone starts to unload from the van.

"Wow, Dena, your home is beautiful." Kirstie says with a smile.

"Thank you. You might say it was a gift from Tim's dad." Dena smiles as she goes to unlock the door.

"What does she mean by that?" Kirstie whispers to Jenika. "Is he deceased? If so, why is she smiling?"

"No." Jenika giggles. "Dena and Regan, Tim's dad, is divorced. Regan lives in Colorado."

"You kids can go get settled in and I'll fix supper." Dena says as they walk into the house.

"Mom, I told Kirstie that her and Patch could stay in the bedroom in the basement. They'd have more privacy there." Tim says.

"Sure, that's fine and you and Jenika can stay in my room." Dena replies.

"Uh, your room?" Tim asks.

"Mhmm, that way you won't have to climb the stairs." Dena nods.

"That's mighty nice of you but that would be a little awkward." Tim says with a slight smile.

"And why would it be awkward?" Dena asks, putting her hands on her hips.

Tim glances around at his wife for some help but she, herself, didn't know where he was going with this.

"Mom. Jenika and I are husband and wife." Tim says, trying to send a hint.

"Yeah? So?" Dena answers.

He brushes back his hair as he tries to think of a nice and respectful way to tell her why he didn't want to stay in her room.

"Mom, it would just be way too weird making love to my wife in my mother's bed." Tim answers the only way he knew how. Straight to the point.

"Oh." Dena giggles as her face turns red.

"Uh, come on, Kirstie. I'll show you guys where the basement is." Jenika says quickly.

"Good idea." Kirstie laughs, wanting to get away from of this conversation.

Jenika helps them with their luggage as she, Kirstie, Emily and Patches head for the basement.

"Emily can stay in Tim's sister's room upstairs. Tim and I will be right down the hall if she needs anything." Jenika says as they go down the stairs.

"Yay! My own woom." Emily smiles. (room)

"That would be great." Kirstie nods. "Patches be careful."

Patches giggles as he hops down the stairs, taking one step at a time.

"Mmm pun." He smiles.

"It won't be pun if you fall." Jenika smiles as she takes him by the hand.

"Wow, this is nice." Kirstie says as she takes in the room.

"Yep, and a lot of privacy." Jenika winks.

"Where will Adam be staying?" Kirstie asks.

"He'll be staying in Dena's room. She always reads him bedtime stories." Jenika says as she sits down a suitcase. "I need to go help Tim with the luggage. Emily, if you come with me, I'll show you where your room is."

Emily smiles and nods as she reaches out to Jenika.

By the time they had all got things unpacked and settled in, Dena had whipped up a feast fit for a king. Kirstie had never seen so much food on a table.

Pork chops, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, gravy and home-made biscuits.

"I hope you guys are hungry." Dena smiles as she sits down a pitcher of sweet tea on the table.

"You didn't have to go through so much trouble, Dena." Kirstie says as she eyes all the mouth watering food on the table.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all. I love to cook." Dena smiles.

"Now this is what I'm talking about." Tim smiles as he sits down next to his wife.

"Yeah, real pood." Adam nods. (food)

********

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE!!!