Chapter 16

** ALL of Patch's comments are in SIGN LANGUAGE **

*********

"Excuse me? Did you say Carol?" Tim asks, shooting a quick glance up at Patch.

"Mhmm." Carol nods as she takes a sip of her Martini.

"So you haven't seen or talked to Jenika this week? Is there another Carol or maybe a Linda?" Tim asks.

"Nope, I'm the only one and there's not a Linda working at the clinic." Carol answers. "Never has been."

"Oh." Tim says sadly as he hands Patch his drink.

"So, what did she tell you? From the look on your face, she must have told you one heck of a story." Carol says.

"Just that she was getting together with some ex-co-workers last night for drinks." Tim says, slightly shaking his head in disbelief.

"Sorry, Tim. But it wasn't any of us. We were having a baby shower last night for a girl that works at the clinic." Carol tells him.

"Well, Sh*t." Tim growls as he reaches into his back pocket for his wallet. He lays a twenty on the bar. "Have a couple of drinks on me. It was a pleasure to see you again."

Tim turns toward Patch and the two could only stare at each other. Neither knowing what to say.

"Well, sh*t and fall back." Was all Tim could think to say. 

Patch couldn't help but snicker at Tim's way with words. Tim, too, begins to laugh and shake his head.

"I don't even have a clue why I'm laughing." Tim says, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Laughter is a way of relieving stress." Patch shrugs.

"Then I should be laughing my f*cking head off." Tim chuckles before becoming serious and shaking his head. "I honestly don't know what the hell to do, Patch. I do know that I can't go on like this. I feel like I'm losing control of my entire life. I really don't know how to feel. I'm just numb."

"It's getting late, we still have to pack and we have a long flight home tomorrow. You've had a lot of stuff dumped on you tonight." Patch says with a sad smile. "You need to get some rest."

Tim nods and follows Patch through the crowd looking for Kirstie and Jenika. They finally were able to track them down. Kirstie was exhausted and beyond ready to go to bed.

Tim never said a word as he drove. He was deep in thought letting the information he received tonight sink in. Patch and Kirstie sat in the back seat speaking only in sign language. Patch told his wife everything that happened tonight. All she could do was shake her head. Jenika had them all fooled.

~

Back at Dena's, Kirstie was packing most of the clothes they had brought. Only leaving Patches, herself and Emily something out to wear.

Patch sat on the bed and watch his wife as she aggressively folds his shirt then throwing it into the suitcase.

"The nerve of her." Kirstie growls as she grabs another shirt. "How could she do such a horrible thing? How could she lead Tim on like that, making him think all this time that she actually loved him while the whole time screwing another man behind his back?" 

"She's money hungry." Patch signs. "She loves spending Tim's money."

"Well, you know this is not going to end well." Kirstie says, angrily shaking her head. "And I hope that Tim doesn't even leave her a pot to piss in."

Patch bows his head as he begins to chuckle quietly.

"And what's so funny?" Kirstie asks, putting her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry." Patch says as he tries to get his laughter under control. "I need to get you out of Texas. You're beginning to talk like Tim."

She smiles as she sits down next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. All this just makes me so mad." Kirstie sighs. "Tim is our friend. He's hurting and I have no idea what we can do to help him."

"Just be there for him." Patch shrugs. "Plus, he's got a lot on his mind. He's going to need help with Adam."

"That poor little angel. You know he's not going to understand any of this." Kirstie says.

~

The atmosphere was much different in Tim and Jenika's room as they packed. Very tense and uncomfortable. They would work around each other without saying a word.

After everything was packed except for their change of clothes for in the morning, Tim goes to bed as Jenika goes to take a shower.

He lays down with his back to her side of the bed. He closes his eyes trying to calm his thoughts so that he could get to sleep. He feels Jenika crawl into bed but doesn't move.

He slowly opens his eyes as he feels her press her nude body against his back. She begins to softly kiss his shoulder. 

"Hey, you." She whispers as she pulls his hair back so that she could kiss his neck.

It's amazing how one's feelings can change so quickly. Her touch, at one time, would make him weak in the knees. A simple kiss from her would immediately turn him on. But things were different, he actually felt sick to his stomach. Yes, her touch and her kisses were actually turning his stomach.

He suddenly throws the covers back and sits up on the side of the bed and reaches for his crutches. He had to get away from her. Sad to say, but she sickened him.

"Where are you going?" Jenika asks as she sits up.

"To the couch." Tim answers as he heads toward the door. "I just can't deal with you right now." 

The house was pretty well lit from the street lights outside. Tim makes his way over to the couch and sits down. 

"God? What do I do? I know your teachings say to 'Turn the other cheek'. But God, I don't think I can." He prays silently. Leaning his elbows on his knees, covering his face with his hands, he breaks down and begins to cry. 

A hand on his shoulder startles him.

"Tim, why you cwying." Adam asks softly as he sits down next to Tim.

"Hey, Pumpkin." Tim says, quickly drying his eyes. "What are you doing up?"

"I have to go pee pee." Adam answers. "Ith thumpin wong?"

"I..uh...I just have a lot of problems right now." Tim says with a sniff.

"Am I one ob dem?" Adam asks sadly.

"No, Sweetie you're not." Tim says as he brushes back Adam's hair. "I could really use a hug though, Blondie."

Adam nods as he hugs Tim tightly.

"Listen." Tim says as he hugs Adam. "Why don't you go use the bathroom and then come and lay down with me on the couch."

"Tay." Adam nods.

~

Dena wakes up to find Adam missing. She gets up and grabs her robe and slips it on, quietly leaving her bedroom. She heads to the living room. He had woke her to tell her that he needed to go to the bathroom but he should have been back already.

Dena stops as she sees two sleeping forms on the couch. She covers her mouth with her hand. Her heart breaks as she sees her son sleeping on the couch and not his bedroom. Adam was snuggled to his side.

She carefully covers them with a blanket.

She had no idea what her son was going through. But whatever it was, Adam would be the best person to help him through it.

*******

Please, don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT!!!