Chapter 24

A little over three months have passed since Tim and Jenika's breakup. He wasted no time in filing for divorce. Chris had her name removed from the guardianship of Adam. That was one less thing that he had to worry about. Adam was safe.

Tim was very satisfied with the work that the lawyer that Tori found him was doing. Mr. Elliott was confident that with the information that they had, Tim would definitely walk out the winner in this case.

Tim and his lawyer even offered Jenika a nice settlement but she turned it down flat against her lawyer's advice. She wanted more!!

She was constantly harassing Tim by sending him pictures as her pregnancy progressed. Ultra-sounds and pictures of her slightly growing baby-bump. Rubbing it in that he wasn't man enough to give her what Darrell had.

All pictures were kept as evidence of harassment.

~~

Tim walks out on the pier. There were several people fishing, taking pictures or just enjoying the view.

Tim, himself, just needed some alone time. Time to just try to clear his mind of all the hurtful things Jenika had said. Hurtful words that cut him to the bone. Words that made him feel less of a man. Words that gave him doubt that he would ever find someone that would accept him the way he was.

He leans on the railing as he stares sadly out across the horizon.

A click not far from him catches his attention. He looks around to see a beautiful dark haired girl smile at him as she lowers her camera.

"Sorry, that shot was just too good to pass up." She says with a sweet smile.

"Oh, okay??" Tim says as he turns his attention back to the ocean view.

"You don't remember me, do you?" She asks with a smile as she puts away her camera and picks up her fishing pole.

"No, I'm sorry. I can't say that I do." Tim answers as he looks around at the small girl.

"I'm Olena. I took pictures at your friends' wedding." She says as she baited the hook on her pole.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That was a very chaotic day." Tim smiles.

"Definitely. So where's Jenika?" Olena asks as she cast out.

Tim only chuckles slightly and shakes his head.

"Oh, Uh. Bad topic?" Olena asks.

"Yep, you might say that." Tim answers looking back out at the horizon.

"I'm sorry." Olena says as she turns to face him. "But you know, life doesn't end because of a break-up. It just kinda surprises me a little because you guys seemed so happy."

"I thought we were too. That was until I found out it was all a charade for her." Tim says as he stares down at the water.

"Then, you're better off without her." Olena says with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine." Tim chuckles as he looks around at her.

"Tim, you're a very good-looking man. You'll find that special someone who really cares." Olena says as she glances at her phone after it signaled a text. "Listen, I have to meet my best friend/housemate at the bar for a few drinks. She's just got off from work. You look like you could use a couple of drinks. Care to join us?"

"As a matter of fact, I think I could use a few stiff drinks." Tim nods.

Tim helps her load up her tackle box and pole on the cart she had with her. He couldn't help but chuckle at the different fishing poles and fishing supplies that were on the cart.

PATCHES 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें