Chapter 20

** Okay. I wasn't planning on updating anything today because I haven't been able to finish a chapter for the books that need updating. I've had this chapter written for awhile and have been dying to publish it. So here it is. 

The sh*t hits the fan!!

************

Tim doesn't even remember driving home from the doctor's as he sits in the driveway and stares at the beach house. His whole body was numb as the doctor's words rang in his ears. 'Tim, there is absolutely no change from your last check-up. There is no way that you can father a child. I'm so sorry.'

What little hope that he had of being the father was shot down.

He closes his eyes as tears stream down his face. Sadness, anger, hurt, betrayal. You name it. He was feeling it. His heart beat hard in his chest as he tries his best to calm his emotions and regulate his breathing.

Wiping his eyes, he nods to himself as he slowly gets out of the car. Each step he takes up the walkway toward the front door was as if he was trying to walk in wet cement.

Patch and Kirstie look up as he makes his way into the living room. They could tell by the look on their friend's face that the news he had received at the doctor's office was not what he was secretly hoping to hear.

"Tim?" Kirstie says quietly.

"Where's Adam?" Tim asks without making eye contact.

"Kevin took him for ice cream and then they were going to the souvenir shop." Kirstie answers.

"Okay, good." Tim nods then turns his eyes to the upstairs. "Is Jenika upstairs?"

"Yeah." Kirstie says. She notices the anger on his face and gives her husband a worried look. "Tim, please, calm down before you go up there. You don't want to do anything that you will regret later."

"Oh, I'm not going to hit her if that's what you mean. I want to. But I won't." Tim says before heading toward the elevator.

Tim stops outside the bedroom door to try to once again calm his anger. He could hear her talking and laughing on the phone. He reaches into the pocket of his light jacket and pulls out his phone. Should he or shouldn't he. He sighs as he presses the record button. He should.

"Stop, Darrell. (giggles) I miss you too." She says. "No, he's gone to town right now."

Tim quietly opens the door and walks in.

Jenika was lying on her stomach on the bed as she talked to her lover.

Tim snatches the phone from her hand.

"She'll have to call you back, Motherf*cker!" Tim growls into the phone before throwing it against the wall.

"TIM!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!?? THAT WAS MY MOM!!" Jenika yells as she jumps up from the bed.

"OH! YEAH??!!" Tim shouts. "Since when did you start calling your mom, DARRELL!!??"

Jenika could only stare at him, not knowing what to say.

"START TALKING, JENIKA!! I WANT ANSWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!" Tim yells as he points his finger at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jenika says, shaking her head.

"BULLSH*T!! YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M F*CKING TALKING ABOUT!!" Tim continues to yell.

"Honey, you just need to calm down. Remember your heart." Jenika says.

"STOP!!! STOP WITH THE D*MN CHARADES!! THE SHOW IS OVER!!" Tim yells. "FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, TELL ME THE F*CKING TRUTH!! DON'T YOU THINK I DESERVE IT!!"