Chapter 31

** A/N- Before you read this chapter, just keep in mind that I have no idea about legal proceedings in a divorce in Florida. This divorce is pure FICTIONAL. I'm asking that you DO NOT put the chapter under a microscope and point out the incorrections. I'm skipping over the majority of the divorce court to prevent boredom. Thanks.

********

(Court Day)

"I'm so freaking nervous." Tim says as he slips on his suit coat.

"Just keep saying to yourself that it will all soon be over." Chance says as he pulls Tim's hair from underneath the jacket.

"I have been but it's not helping." Tim chuckles as Chance straightens his tie. "I know Jenika well enough to know that she'll start some sh*t."

"If she does, I want you to just keep your cool. How you act in court is gonna make a big difference in the judge's ruling, okay?" Chance says.

"I'm really glad your here." Tim smiles as he takes Chance by the hand.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." Chance smiles as he kisses Tim softly. "Now. Let's go get this over with. The others are waiting."

~~

As they walk down the hallway of the courthouse, they see a few people waiting outside the courtroom which was not yet open. Jenika, Darrell and her lawyer Luke Pierce stood on one side of the hall and Tim's lawyer, Sam Elliott stood on the other.

Mr. Pierce seemed to be trying to discuss their case with Jenika but she was ignoring him completely. She snarls as she sees Tim with Chance walking beside him.

Tim's eyes connected with Jenika's for a brief moment before shifting over to the other side of the hall to his lawyer.

"Well, you surely didn't waste any time, did you, Chance." Jenika says as they walk by.

Tim senses a sudden slowing in Chance's step and gently takes him by the arm.

"Keep your cool." Tim whispers softly.

Chance chuckles and shakes his head as he hears his own words used against him.

~~

It had been a very long and tiring day in court. Jenika had only shown out during the entire session. She was showing a side of herself that Tim and the others had never seen before. And it definitely wasn't pretty. Actually, it was quite embarrassing. The judge had warned her several times.

The judge had gone to his chamber to make his final decision. Tim and his lawyer turned in their seats to talk quietly with Patch, Kirstie, Chance, Kevin, Chris and Adam.

"We got this." His lawyer whispers. "She hasn't done anything but show her ass. That's a huge mark in our favor."

"I just wish it was all over." Tim says softly.

"It will all be over soon." Chance says with a comforting smile.

After a few minutes, the door to the judge's chamber opens.

"All rise!" The bailiff announces as the judge enters the courtroom.

"You may be seated." The judge says as he sits down behind his desk. "This decision was a fairly easy one. Before I get to my decision on this divorce, I would like to address the subject of Adam Henry Rupp."

"Dat's ... Dat's me, yo hona." Adam announces as he raises his hand. Chris chuckles as he pulls down his hand. (that's me, your honor)

"I know, Son." The judge smiles sweetly at the man-child. "Mrs. Foust had filed for joint-custody of Adam. That has been denied."