Chapter 17

"Mmm FY PAY!!" Patches giggles loudly as he skips into the kitchen. (fly plane)

"Oh, dear Lord." Tim moans as he shakes his head. He was so distracted by what was going on with Jenika that he had forgotten that Patches and not Patch would be on the flight back to Florida.

A very frazzled Kirstie leaves her luggage by the door and walks into the kitchen carrying Emily.

"I'm going to kill him." She says shaking her head.

"Problems, Kirstin?" Tim asks with a chuckle.

"He found out that we're flying home today. He's been unbearable ever since." Kirstie says as she sits Emily in the highchair.

Adam giggles as Patches runs around the kitchen with his arms outstretched like he was flying.

"Hey, Pee Wee." Tim says as he catches Patches's hand as he runs by. "Why don't you have a seat and eat some breakfast?"

"Mmm fy, Ti." Patches giggles. (I'm flying, Tim)

"Yeah, but why don't you leave the flying to the plane, alright?" Tim says. "You need to calm down."

"Tay." Patches nods as he sits down at the table and picks up a piece of bacon from his plate, cramming it into his mouth.

"Oh, my God. How did you do that?" Kirstie asks. "I've been trying all morning to get him to calm down."

"It's all about the tone of the voice. Tim has that low, deep voice. It has more authority than yours." Dena smiles as she fills their coffee cups. "I went through the same thing with this one (pointing at Tim) when he was little. He wouldn't mind me but when Regan spoke up it was totally different."

"Hey, you okay?" Kirstie asks when she notices Tim's tired eyes.

"Let's just say, it's been a rough and long night." He answers with a tired smile.

"I have everything packed up." Jenika says as she walks in and heads over to the coffee pot.

"We going home today, Jen." Adam says with a happy smile.

"Yeah." She says with a frown.

"Don't try to look so overjoyed." Tim snarls as he gets up to put his dish into the sink and heads to the downstairs bathroom.

She rolls her eyes as she turns her attention out the window.

"Are ... are you and Tim pighting?" Adam asks.

"Whatever gave you that idea, Einstein." Jenika says as she continues to look out the window.

"Hey!" Dena says as she slaps her hand on the table. "I have no idea what's going on between you and my son but that gives you no right to speak to Adam that way. Understand?" 

"Dat was mean, Aunt Jenika." Emily says as she stares at the blond.

Jenika quickly turns her head to glare at the little girl.

"Don't you dare say one word." Kirstie says through clenched teeth.

"Mmm yo mee." Patches nods. (you're mean)

Jenika huffs as she stands from the table with her plate and heads for the sink.

"I mith Satchmo." Adam says quietly as he tries to change the subject.

"MM Mack." Patches nods as he shovels a fork full of eggs into his mouth.

"Hey, Pumpkin?" Tim calls as he comes back into the kitchen. "If you're done eating, can you help me load the luggage?"