Chapter 15

** REMINDER: ALL of Patch's conversation is in SIGN LANGUAGE **

**************

"Is there not anything we can do to help?" Patch asks, looking sadly around at his wife.

He and Kirstie sat on the side of the bed as she tells him the trouble that Tim and Jenika were having with their marriage.

"No, Honey, I'm afraid there's not. We just need to pray that Jenika is not having an affair." Kirstie answers.

"Maybe it was a bad idea for us to come here for our honeymoon." Patch says before hanging his head.

"Stop, Sweetie. We are not taking any blame for this. If Jenika is cheating, well then, it's her own stupidity." Kirstie says as she gently squeezes his hand. "We didn't force her to kiss that Darrell guy at the Festival. If she really loved her husband she wouldn't have."

"Didn't I tell you a storm was coming?" Patch says as he looks around at her.

"Well, tomorrow we head back to Florida. Maybe things will get better between them." Kirstie says with a sigh.

"I don't think it will." Patch says shaking his head. "I think the damage has already been done."

As they head upstairs for breakfast, they pass through the living room seeing Adam and Emily watching cartoons.

"Morning, Kiddos." Kirstie smiles. "Watcha watching?"

"Morning Mommy and daddy." Emily says as she hops up to hug her parents. "Scooby Doo. Wanna watch wid us?"

"I'd love to, Honey, but I need to go help Dena with breakfast." Kirstie smiles. "Is your Uncle Tim and Aunt Jenika up?"

"Uncle Tim is." Emily answers as she sits back down next to Adam on the floor.

Dena was standing at the stove frying bacon. Tim was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee as he stares mindlessly out the window. On his face was a look that they could only describe as a mixture of sadness and anger. His eyes held the sadness where his tight lips and clenched jaw was a sure sign of anger.

"Good morning." Kirstie says as she walks up beside Dena. Patch sits down at the table with Tim.

"Good morning, guys. So sad this is your last day. I've loved having you all here." Dena says with a sad smile.

"We've had a great time." Kirstie says as she sets a cup of coffee in front of Patch. She turns back to Dena and engages in conversation as they work on breakfast.

Patch reaches over and pats Tim on the hand to get his attention.

"Kirstie told me what's been going on. I'm so sorry, Tim." Patch says.

Tim nods slightly as he glances over his shoulder to make sure his mom was busy.

"Patch, the b*tch didn't come home until four-thirty this morning." Tim says in sign language.

Patch shakes his head sadly.

"Is there anything that Kirstie and I can do to help you?" Patch asks as he looks sadly at his friend.

"Unfortunately, no." Tim signs. "Just please don't let our problems put a damper on your honeymoon."

"We're fine. It's you that I'm worried about." Patch says.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I always find a way to get back up." Tim sighs as he turns his gaze back out the window.

Patch reaches over again and pats Tim's arm.