Chapter 10

They had gotten seats on the very top bleachers for several reasons. Tim's back still ached from sleeping sitting up in the cell and he could use the wall behind them to rest against. Most of the people sat closer to the action. The boys could enjoy themselves without being stared at and they had a perfect view.

The girls made it back with drinks and nachos/cheese. It would help to keep the boys happy until the event started.

"These muffs weren't made for little heads." Tim chuckles as Emily climbs off his lap to go to her mom.

"Are they gonna work?" Kirstie asks.

"WHAT??" Emily yells when she sees her mom's mouth moving.

"Does that answer your question?" Tim laughs as he hands the boys their drinks.

"Mmm goo." Patches nods as he eats the nachos, licking the cheese sauce from his fingers. (good)

"Uh, maybe we didn't think this through, Kirstie." Jenika laughs as she takes a napkin and wipes cheese sauce from his beard.

"Probably not. But it looked so good." Kirstie laughs.

They had the boys sat on the bleacher in front of them so they could keep a close eye on them. Tim had removed their ear muffs until the event started.

"You alright?" Jenika asks, rubbing her husband on the leg when she notices that he had gotten quiet. 

"Yeah, just a little tired." Tim answers through a yawn. "I'll be alright once this gets started."

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..." A voice suddenly comes over the intercom.

"AHHHHH!" Patches screams out after being startle by the voice.

"Shhhh." Kirstie giggles and reaches in front of her to where Patches was sitting to cover his mouth. 

"COULD YOU PLEASE STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM." The voice says.

Adam stands and puts his hand over his heart. Patches was looking around for the voice.

"Patches, you pose put yo hand ober yo hawt like dis." Adam leans over and whispers. (suppose, your, over, heart, this)

Patches nods and puts his left hand on the right side of his chest.

"No." Adam laughs. "The udder thide. Yo hawt is on de utter thide. Do wike me."

"Kay." Patches nods and changes hands.

"Mommy, you too short. I can't see." Emily says as she squirms to get out of her mother's arms.

"Where are you going?" Kirstie says as she puts her daughter down.

"Uncle Tim." Emily answers as she squeezes pass Jenika and holds her arms up to Tim. "Uncle Tim? Can you hold me? I can't see."

"Sure, Princess." Tim hands his cane to his wife so he could pick up his 'niece'.

"Now, Dat's betta." She giggles, putting her arm around her uncle's neck.

After the anthem, everyone sat down.

"You boys need to put on your ear muffs." Jenika says.

"YAY!! It fixin to tart." Adam giggles as they put on their muffs.

"YAYYYYY!!" Patches cheers and claps.

Tim helped Emily with her's then put his on.

"WOW!! WOOK AD DAT!!!!" Adam yells and points at one of the monster trucks that had came out.