Chapter 29

'Chance is staying in a hotel which is probably costing him a fortune. We have an extra bedroom that he can stay in. Cause, Tim, if he runs low on money he may be forced to move to Mobile with his family. I don't think that's what either of you wants. Am I right? Don't let him go, Tim.'  

Tim lays on his bed staring at the ceiling. He had laid down to take a nap in hopes of nurturing a headache. He awoke to the thoughts of what Kirstie had said.

"Don't let him go." He whispers to himself.

He was pulled from his thoughts by loud giggling down the hall. Sitting up on the side of the bed, he runs his hand through his hair. He guessed he'd better go relieve Kirstie before she begins pulling her hair out.

Grabbing his cane, he gets up and walks out into the hall. The laughter was coming from the boys' bedroom.

"Oh, Lord. What are they getting into." He says to himself.

He quietly opens the bedroom door and peeks in. Sheets were draped over chairs making a huge makeshift tent.

"What are you boys doing?" Tim asks softly from the doorway.

The giggling stops and only silence could be heard with an occasional snicker.

The flap of the tent slowly pulls back. It wasn't Adam or Patches that peek out, but Chance.

"Playing." Chance answers innocently.

"Chance?" Tim chuckles. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, uh...." Chance grins as he crawls out of the tent. 

Tim tilts his head as he waits for an explanation. He pooches his lips slightly to keep from laughing.

"Uh, well..." Chance straightens the baseball cap that he was wearing backward on his head. "I came over to see you but Kirstie said that you had a headache and had laid down. She needed to go to town and I told her that I would watch the boys. You feeling better?"

"Much better, thank you. And the tent?" Tim asks with a raised brow.

"Oh, the tent was all their idea." Chance says with a quick nod.

"UH UH!!" Adam laughs loudly from inside the tent. "It wath you, Chance!!"

"MOAN, TI!!!" Patches yells as he motions Tim to join them. (come on, Tim)

"Buddy, I don't know if I can get down there or not." Tim says as he peeks inside the tent at the man-child. Stuffed toys were scattered about inside the tent.

"PEEZZZZZZ!!" Patches pleads loudly.

"Come on. I'll help you." Chance says as he takes Tim by the arm. 

Tim is hesitant until he looks at the pleading blue eyes of Adam. Tim couldn't remember the last time he felt in the mood to actually play with the blonde.

"Okay, just don't let me bust my ass." Tim says as he begins to try to get down on his knees.

"YAY!!" Patches shouts as he claps. Adam gets up quickly to help Chance with Tim.

"Okay? So what's going on?" Tim asks as he gets comfortable on a pillow.

"The evil Batman is holding Dag, Darth Vadar and Mr. Potato Head prisoner." Chance says as he hands Tim the Batman doll.

"Okay?" Tim laughs. "That sounds like something that three and four-year-olds need to be playing." Being sarcastic.

They begin to play. Adam had the Darth Vadar doll, Tim the Batman doll, Patches, of course, had Dag and Chance had Mr. Potato Head.