C5 ~ Shut Out

Aurora

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, my hand reaches over and i answer without looking at who was calling.

“Hello?” I groggily say.

“Aurora? Did i wake you? i'm sorry” Jen apologizes.

Has she been crying?

“No its ok, i was waking up anyways” I look around my room.

“Ok good” She sighed.

“Ok as much as i love talking to you, what has got you calling me this fine morning?” I ask.

“I-i am sorry” Jen said.

“Sorry? What are you sorry for? I told you it was fine” I was becoming worried.

“Damn i shouldn't have done this” I heard her whisper to herself.

Shouldn't have done what?!

“Jen? You're worrying me, what's wrong?” I ask.

“Just… I'm sorry” I heard her sniffle before the line went dead.

“Jen? Jen?!” I yelled i threw my phone down and quickly changed out of my PJ’s. I rushed downstairs and grabbed my keys. I ran outside, ignoring the downpour going on.

“Aurora?! Where are you off to?” I heard my aunt yell after me as i ran to my car. Without a second thought i started my car and raced to the hotel where Jen was staying at. As i approached my heart DROPPED, tears rushed down my face. Parking my car i walked towards the car. Hoping, praying that i was wrong. That it wasn't her.

Lisa

“What do you mean she cancelled our plans?” I asked Dani.

“She said, and i quote, i can't come today something happened.” Dani read off the text.

“Did you ask her what happened?” I looked at the phone.

“Yeah but she hasn't answered.” She sighed.

“I'm going to go check on her” I got up from my seat.

“What? Why?” She looked up from her phone.

“She said something happened, she looked exhausted when we saw her at the park, like she had been crying for days, maybe even weeks, you could see it in her eyes. i just want to make sure she's ok” i pulled on my shoes.

“Are you sure? i didn't notice anything different about her.” Lauren butted in.

“100% sure, she looked drained of life. Something happened, there's a reason why she's back and i want to know.” I slipped on my jacket.

“Lisa don't go interrogating the girl” Christina sighed.

“I'm not, just check on her. Plus her text said something happened so i want to make sure she's ok.” I was getting irritated.

Why are they always after me saying i'm going to interrogate her, she's my friend! I just want to make sure she's ok…

“Ok if you say so” Christina doubted.

“Yes i do say so! I'm going now” I snapped before going towards the door.

“Guys leave Lisa be she's a smart person.” Amy stood up for me. I smiled, she obviously knew what i was thinking.

“Thank you Amy, i'll see you guys later.” I waved, i walked to the car and drove towards Aurora’s aunt’s house, hoping that was where she was staying again.