C16 ~ Really?

Dani

“So who do you think she had a date with?” Christina asked as we piled into the van.

“How would we know, she never talks about any other of her friends other than Jamie, unless…” Lauren trailed off.

“She's not going out with Jamie” Olivia laughed.

“Are you guys against that or something?” I questioned.

“Well no but Jamie and Aurora aren't even talking. Haven't been for a week now, they had a falling out. Over what? I don't know all i know is its been awhile since Aurora has hung out with her and spoken of her.” Olivia peered at us through the rear view mirror.

“Wait what?!” Lisa gasped.

“Yeah they went to a party--” Olivia was cut off.

“AURORA WENT TO A PARTY?!” Katherine yelled.

“Yeah… she goes to them all the time lately, anyways! They went to a party Friday and she spent the night at Jamie's house but when Aurora came back she was super upset and i haven't seen Aurora with Jamie since then.” Olivia shrugged.

“You're ok with Aurora going to parties?” Amy asked.

“I mean why not? she's not doing anything bad, she has a good head on her shoulders. Its a thing that normal teens do, and i want her to be as normal as she can get.” Olivia was not worried at all. Silence filled the car after that conversation, the only thing heard was the radio playing in the background.

Next Day 

Aurora

“Morning sleepy head, breakfast is ready. Lynne told me to tell you you need to be there by 9 so you have about an hour before you have to get going. Bye!” Sam told me before she rushed out of the house. Groaning I lay my head on the kitchen table, wishing my headache to go away.

“That was such a stupid decision” I mumbled under my breath before getting up and doing my morning routine. 

*Knock Knock*

“Coming!” I heard a female voice yell. I stood at the door with my shades on, my eyes still a little sensitive to lights, pasting a smile on my face.

“Aurora! Hey come in! Come in! everyone is spread out doing their work, follow me and i'll show you where you'll be learning for the time being.” Lynne greeted me at the door, i tried to hide my cringe from the the loudness of her voice.

“Cool, am i going to be by anyone?” I clear my voice before asking.

“Yes, considering you are in advanced placement and doing senior level work, you will be by Alex so you both can help each other out when needed.” She explains. I gulp as soon as his name leaves her lips and my hands get sweaty at the thought of sitting next to him for hours with his parents and siblings near everyday for the next few months.

“Oh Cool” I finally manage to squeak out.

“Alex, Aurora is here, did you clear off a spot for her like i asked you to?” Lynne entered the room before i did.

“Of course i did” He was smiling when i walked into the room.

“Good, Aurora sit there and Alex here will help you get started.” Lynne patted my shoulder before walking out.

”Hey Alex” I gave him a small wave while lightly blushing.

“Hey Aurora” He chuckled and walked towards me. My blush deepened when he left a kiss on my cheek before handing me my books for the day.