imagine: Fili and kili comforting you after your father dies

(You are 5, kili is 13 and Fili is 15)

You are Fili and kili's younger cousin let me tell you how. Thorin is your uncle and his sister Dis is your aunt and that means your mother is thorins other sister Ellie (which he doesn't actually have but just go with it)

Kili put me down! I yell at my older cousin as he picks me up. No I should be allowed to carry my cousin thank you very much he says and I huff you wish just wait until I tell thorin about this I say and he chuckles you would tell on me because I picked you up? He asks and I purse my lips as he finally lets me down. Hmm... no I say with a smile and he smiles and shakes his head you are weird. I raise my eyebrow and your not? I say and he chuckles come on lets go find my brother he says and I nod agreeing ok. We run around erebor for the next ten minutes looking for Fili. Where is he? I ask and kili shrugs I don't know he replies but I don't look where im going and bump into something or someone. I turn around and look up to see thorin and I sigh of relief. He smiles as he picks me up what are you two up to? He asks and I smile we're looking for Fili do you know where he is? I ask and he shakes his head sorry I don't. I turn around in his arms and see kili with his mouth hanging open and you let him pick you up? He asks but I smile and stick my toungue out at him. Yes kili I do because he doesn't chase after me shouting at me to let him pick me up at the top of his lungs like a madman does he? I say and I feel thorins chest vibrate as he chuckles. Kili sighs in defeat and I know he has no comeback for me this time. I smile in triumph haha I win! I say and thorin looks confused you win what? He asks and I laugh kili usually has a good comeback for me after I try to act smart but since he doesn't this time I win! I explain. Hah I will come up with one later kili says confidently and I smile as thorin sets me down. Alright I need to check on erebor so I need to go don't cause too much trouble you two he says as he walks off down the hall to do his kingly duties.

Later

I'm at my cousins house now which is where me and kili finally found Fili because he was helping Dis with stuff. Thorin and my father are talking in the living room about something that I have no interest in. Fili and kili's father died about 6 years ago now but that was when I was only a baby and my cousin's were only young at the time... my thaughts get interrupted when a guard bursts in the front door and thorin and my father rush through. My lord orcs are attacking they seem to have caught us by surprise the guard says and I start to panic orcs have always scared me. Alright lets go dis, Ellie keep the kids here we will be back as soon as we can thorin says and my father comes over to me when he sees my panicked face and he kneels down. Y/n don't worry I will be back soon he says and I nod ok daddy I reply sadly as he hugs me then he pulls away. Smile for me he says and I give him a weak smile before he kisses my cheek and says goodbye to mama.

A few hours later

Its been hours and they arn't back yet. I walk over to my mother for comfort. She picks me up and hugs me as she sits down. Mama where's daddy? I ask but she just sighs I don't know but im sure he will be fine he's a strong man she says trying to comfort me. Fili and kili walk into the kitchen and they both give me encouraging smiles. They will be ok y/n Fili says and I smile sadly at them but I don't say anything and cuddle into mum tighter. Soon uncle thorin comes in the house acting weird he looks very cautious a look I have never seen him with. I jump off mama and look behind thorin but I don't see my daddy. I back at my uncle where's daddy? I ask and he sighs and kneels down to me. Y/n your daddy won't be coming back for a while he says and I look at him confused where did he go? I say and he gulps um... Y/n your daddy is... dead he whispers and I step back in shock and look up at my cousins and my mama but she is now crying uncontrollably. I shake my head and run out the door screaming for my daddy.

When I get far away enough from the house I fall to my knees in the grass. I can't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks I should never have let him walk out that door. Y/n! Where are you!? I hear a familiar voice shout from behind me and then I hear another voice. Y/n! Please come out everyone is worried sick! Its Fili and kili. I look up and see my cousins and when they see me they run over to me and fall to their knees in front of me. Y/n don't ever scare us like that again Fili sighs. I whimper and sniff I want my daddy I say and they both sigh its ok y/n kili says bringing me onto his lap. kili's right remember our daddy died too so we can help you through it Fili says. I sit up really? I say and they both nod that's what we're here for kili says and I nod ok thank you I say and I snuggle back into kili's chest as they both stand and kili carries me back to the house as I fall asleep and Fili holds my hand rubbing circles on the back of it soothingly.

I have the best cousins ever.