imagine having to stay home while kili goes on a quest to reclaim erebor

(You and kili are best friends)

Me and my best friend kili are lying on a grassy hill under a tree. My head is on his lap and he is sitting against the tree. We have been coming here since we were children, we found it while playing hide and seek... well kili found it since he was hiding. I couldn't find him anywhere so he won... but since then we have came here. From playing games with each other to comforting each other, we have probably done everything two friends could do at some point here. I look up at him to see he looks like he's thinking. Kili i say and he hums in response before looking down at me. Are you alright? I ask and he sighs smiling slightly. No... not really he says. What's wrong? I, need to tell you something he says hesitating. I sit up and lean against the tree beside him. Okay i say. He sighs i... am going on a quest and i won't be back for a while. I gasp really?! I can't wait! No y/n i am going on a quest... you can't come he says. What? Why not? I ask. It will be dangerous, you could get really hurt and i couldn't live with myself if something happened to you he says but i shake my head. No I'm going, i don't care how dangerous it is where you go, i go kili i say. Not this time y/n i won't let you he says.

You think I'm not good enough? I say. I didn't say that he replies. He stands up then helps me up and takes my hands. Y/n please stay here i don't want anything to happen to you he says gently. Tears well up in my eyes at the thaught of being without kili. I... can't stay here kili, not when i know you're out there doing who knows what, i would rather come with you i say. He sighs before wiping away the tear that slipped from my eye. I know, but answer me this... what would you do in my position? Trying to persuade the most stubborn dwarf in middle earth to stay home while you go on a quest he says. I go quiet not being able to answer. Exactly, because you would do the same as i am doing now he says. More tears escape down my cheeks. Kili, you can't leave me i whisper. He sighs y/n you make it seem like i want to leave you, don't make it harder than it already is. I look at him. How long will you be gone for? I ask. He shrugs a good few months at least. When do you leave? I question him. Two weeks he replies. What is the quest for? I ask. To reclaim erebor he mumbles. He knows what I'm doing. I'm getting information on the quest to either convince him to let me come or try to make him stay here with me. I'm going with the second option. Nope, you're not going i forbid you to go i say. He chuckles y/n you can't forbid me to go, that's not how it works i don't exactly have a choice since it is thorin's quest. I start crying again. I can't help it okay? Kili please don't leave i sob. He brings me into a hug which i return. I bury my face into his chest soaking his tunic. He wraps his arms around me tighter. Shh, y/n he starts to say and i pull away to look at him. If you think about it, I'm not really gone for that long he says. Kili you're going to reclaim erebor... if you don't come back... what happens if you fail? I say. Y/n nothing will happen to me i promise, the least i will get is a few cuts and bruises he says. I look down shaking my head. But you're reckless i say and he chuckles. I'm no more reckless than you are he replies. I sigh you're not going to stay here are you. He hesitates before shaking his head. No, y/n i need to go with them... I'm of durin blood he says. What if i tie you to the tree... then would you go? I ask quietly. I feel his hand under my chin making me look at him. Y/n... not even that would keep me here he says. Then what if i told you that i don't want you to go i say. It would be harder for me to leave then wouldn't it? He mumbles.

Y/n listen to me, nothing will happen... i promise. I can't let you come because i can't take the risk of losing you. That doesn't mean i don't trust your abilities but i am terrified of even the thought of losing you... it's the only thing that actually scares me y/n he says. I sigh but don't say anything, instead I wrap my arms around his waist again hugging him. Sometimes I really don't like you I mumble into his shoulder. I feel him chuckle. Nah you love me he says. Come on y/n we still have two weeks left he adds pulling out of the hug. I shrug yeah. We return to our positions against the tree like earlier just enjoying each others company. We stay like that for the rest of the afternoon.