imagine: kili confessing to you after fighting with trolls

You are a dwarf on the quest to reclaim erebor.

I sit on a log next to the fire and bring out my sketchbook and look around to see who I can draw and my eyes land on kili who is talking to fili and I smile slightly as I watch him and I am mesmerized with his looks we have been friends for a while since before the quest but now im starting to have feelings for him... I think but I refuse to admit it to anyone since way before I met kili I wasn't a very sociable person and by that I mean I am not very good at expressing my feelings and emotions so I keep them hidden and I have always turned down anyone who tried to court me just because I have a hard time with love and I would need some time to get used to it and everyone who I have tried to be with just didn't have any patience for me but I don't really know what it is. Am I scared of commitment? Or just not ready for a relationship? I get snapped out of my thaughts when I realise I was drawing kili all that time! Mother of durin why did you let me do that? I mumble to myself. I sigh nervously and I look up and see Fili walking over to me so I quickly close the book. I smile trying to make it seem normal but I don't think he baught it. Y/n are you ok? He asks and I nod as he sits next to me. He raises an eyebrow are you sure? He says and I nod again yea im fine kili... Fili! I quickly change it to hoping he didn't notice me calling him his brothers name but with the smirk on his face I know he did. Do I look like kili to you? He asks and I sigh no but it's not my fault your names sound the same I mumble and he chuckles you are right but the question is why did you call me kili? He says smirking. I shrug it's a simple mistake. He shakes his head no you were thinking about my brother wern't you? I splutter no! That is not true I say and he chuckles yes it is. I shake my head no it's not I argue and he smirks then why are you blushing? By this point I'm freaking out. I'm not blushing! I don't blush I say and he gives me knowing look of course you do everyone blushes. Fili shut it I say and he smiles alright I'll get it out of you someday he says standing up and walking away to look after the ponies with kili.

Later

I walk over to Fili and kili and they seem nervous. Hey what's going on? I ask and they both sigh. Well we are supposed to be looking after the ponies Fili starts. I raise my eyebrow not quite sure where this is going. Only now we have a problem kili says and I sigh what did you do? They chuckle nervously we had sixteen Fili says. Now there's fourteen kili finishes and now I'm worried should we tell thorin? I ask and they shake their heads no not yet anyway Fili says. Ok so what are we going to do? I ask and they shrug go check it out y/n kili says and I glare at him what? Why me? I didn't lose them I say and he smirks no but you're smaller and younger than us he says and I sigh you owe me big time kili durin I say and he smirks again deal. I roll my eyes and wander off to find the ponies and soon I'm behind a log and I see the two ponies but then I see three trolls sitting around a fire and I sigh I'm going to kill you kili I mumble before making my way over to the ponies unseen. They start huffing and kicking the ground when they see me so I jog over to them and press my finger to my lips to quieten them. I try to untie the knots in the rope but they are impossible and I left my weapons at the camp. I look around and see a knife in one of the trolls belt so I quickly jog over and try to get it but all too quickly the troll must have went to scratch and he now has me in his grasp.

Oh what have we here? He asks. Can we eat it? Another one pipes in and I gasp excuse me first of all I am not an it and second I am not to be eaten! I say and they laugh but while they do the one who is holding me grips me tighter and it's getting harder to breath. What are you then eh? Anymore of you around? He asks and I shake my head nope just me and I am a dwarf I say and they look surprised ooh we haven't had dwarf in ages. I sigh and then I hear a familiar voice so I look down to see kili. Drop her he says. You what? The third troll says and the prince sighs I said drop her he says pointing his sword. Suddenly I am let go and I fall on kili. I get up and brush myself off you okay? He asks and I nod as he gives me my weapons. Yas you're the best I say and he smirks I know and suddenly the whole company come out of the bushes and start attacking the trolls so me and kili join in but pretty soon the company is either tied up in sacks or hovering over the fire and I have been picked up again which makes me drop my weapons and sigh hey put me down you oversized slug! I say and the trolls laugh and I sigh when they start talking about how to cook us. Then Bilbo comes out um I wouldn't eat her if I were you he says and I smile at my hobbit friend. And why shouldn't we? Bilbo gulps um because she... has uh... worms in her... tubes? and as soon as that is said I am flung to the ground but this time I actually land on the ground... hard and soon I black out and the last thing I heard was my name being called.

I wake up and find I'm back at the camp lying in a log covered with a blanket. I sit up and look around, then everyone notices me and scrambles up to see if I'm okay. Guys I'm fine calm down I say and they all sign of relief before returning to their positions except for one. I look up at kili and he sits next to me I'm sorry for making you go, if I had known... he starts but I interrupt him. Kili it's ok you didn't know and I'm fine I say and he nods and I smirk but you still owe me I say. He looks up at me and smirks back your wish is my command he says and I raise an eyebrow what? He smiles follow me and he helps me up and takes me to a clearing in the forest. Kili why are we here? I ask and he smiles because I need to tell you something. Okay... what is it? I ask and he sighs okay, y/n I'm going to be completely honest with you... I like you and I'm falling in love with you he says and my heart seems to have stopped. W-what? I splutter and he sighs I like you y/n. No i heard you I just... don't really know what to say I say and I reluctantly look up at him. And he has a hint of hope in his eyes. Well you could say you like me too he says and I sigh ok... well maybe I do I say trailing off but then he steps towards me and takes my hands and out of reflex I take them out of his hands and he sighs but I shake my head and hold his hands again and he looks surprised. I'm sorry it was out of reflex I say and he nods. I look up at him again and kind of get lost in his eyes I shake my head and sigh. I smile and nod not trusting my voice and he looks confused does that mean you like me too? He asks and I nod again yes I do I say finding it hard not to stutter and he chuckles. Do I make you nervous? Your hands are shaking he says and I sigh it's not you it's just... been a while since I was in a relationship last I say and he nods how long is a while? I sigh forever I say and he gasps you've never been in a relationship before? He asks and I nod shyly well not a proper one anyway I say and he nods then smirks and leans in closer to me making our bodies touch. He lifts my chin up with his hand and looks into my eyes then to my lips and back up to my eyes but then I realise what he is doing and I start to panic but he notices and calms me down. Just relax he says and I put my forehead on his chest for about five minutes and then I lean out but before I could do or say anything he kisses me softly and I swear my stomach did about a million flips. I pull away and he looks confused what's wrong? He asks but I don't answer him since I have all these thaughts racing around in my mind. He kissed me does that mean he will want to do more? Or he will leave me after this. Maybe he will get bored of waiting. I look up at kili and he must have been panicking while I was lost in my thaughts because he is really worried. Y/n are you ok? What happened? What did I do? He asks and then he must have seen something in my eyes because he calms down and then realises what I was thinking about.

Y/n I'm not going to leave you if that's what your thinking I love you so why would I leave you? He says and I shrug you're a prince? He chuckles that's not a reason he says. I nod I know but i... I sigh stopping mid sentence. Kili I need some time before anything happens between us... I'm not ready I explain. He moves closer to me and smiles slightly I know that, don't worry I will give you all the time you need okay? I am in no rush. I go to say something but he presses his finger against my lips gently. Shh you don't need to say anything he whispers taking his hand away. He leans even closer and smirks now can we try that kiss again? He asks. I look up at him nodding and he looks surprised really? He says and I nod again. He smiles and pulls himself even closer which I didn't think was possible and leans in and before I know it his lips are on mine again but I have to admit he is a good kisser.