Imagine: being hard to get

You are a dwarf who lives in erebor and kili likes you but you don't want to let anyone into your heart.

Y/n! I hear from behind me so i turn around just to see kili nearly knocking me over. Well someone missed me I say and he smiles sorry but I have been looking for you all day he says. Why? I question and he smirks well I need to tell you something. Uh oh I say teasingly and he smiles again but then he gets serious. Ok y/n im just going to be honest with you... I love you he says and my eyes widen what? When, how and why? I say trying to stay calm and he chuckles basically since I met you, I can't help it and your amazing who wouldn't be in live with you? He says. Kili we can't be together im sorry. What why not? He asks and I sigh ok don't get me wrong its not that I don't return your feelings because I do but... I can't be in a relationship right now it's hard to explain but I know you will get tired of waiting for me so go and find someone else you can be with I say and he shakes his head as he steps towards me I don't care that I have to wait for you all I wanted was for my feelings to be returned and they have so im happy and I will never get tired if waiting for you if it is to result in being with you then fine he says with a small smirk at the end. I smile kili that's really sweet but I bet you anything that you will get tired of waiting I say and he smirks challenged accepted.

2 years later

I smile as I have finally got myself sorted out and I now realise that I need kili in my life... I love him. I get up from my chair and rush out the door and I run down the hall to fili's room and I knock repeatedly on the door which results in the blonde prince to get punched. Ow! He says and I sigh Fili there is no time where is kili? I need to see him right now I say and he smirks what for may I ask? He says and I shake my head no time to explain where is he? I ask again and he smiles he might be in the gardens you could check there he suggests and I nod and run down the hall yelling a thank you to Fili. I finally make it to the gardens and I see kili so I run over to him and hug him taking him by surprise and he smiles hi y/n what's up? He asks and I smile as I let go of him and stand shyly. Sorry i... missed you... alot I say and he smiles yeah? Well I missed you too he replies and then smirks why are you here exactly? He asks and I smile is there any chance your still waiting for me? I ask shyly looking down and I feel him move closer to me which makes me look up and he smiles you don't even need to ask y/n I've been waiting since the day you told me to he says. I look at him in shock really? You actually waited? I ask and he nods I did accept your challenge after all and I shrug true.

Y/n are you trying to say you want to be with me? He asks and I smile shyly maybe. He lifts my head up with his hand well good because I want to be with you too he whispers leaning his forehead against mine and looking into my eyes. My heart is racing and I feel like its going to burst out my chest at any second its going that fast. I avert my gaze from his eyes to the ground and I hear him chuckle. Y/n look at me he whispers and I slowly do just to feel his lips brush against mine softly making an unusual sound come out of my mouth and he chuckles then smirks as he leans in again and I didn't even realise the way he is holding me until now. His left hand is on my waist while his right is supporting my back. Can I? He asks softly and I nod slightly and without question his lips are on mine and im feeling a million emotions at once. Then I start to kiss back slowly and I feel him smile against my lips and then I pull away from lack of air. He smirks when he notices me being my shy self again. Y/n are you sure your ready? because I can wait longer he says and I smile kili I just let you kiss me what do you think? I say and he chuckles and shrugs well I guess that means something he says. I nod don't worry kili im ready it might take a while for me to get used to it but I'll be fine I say and he nods only if your sure he questions. I am I reply with a smile. Ok y/n he smiles back.