Chapter 3: The Return

Upon a warm summer night, people had been walking home to rest in their nice gentle beds, some to enjoy a nice bottle of beer or soda in their hands, and others to spend time with friends and family.

The warm weather brought warm hearts together. The comfort of these summer nights had brought people together as one many times. But on this dark night, something had changed. Something old, and new. Now a new light has emerged from the depths of despair and a new kind of power will take place.

In the forest rested an abandoned little house with a small lake rippling around it. It had appeared insignificant, some people would take it for a summer home. But in the back yard laid something no one could ever expect, a small hill of dirt and ash.

    This small hill of burnt wood, ash, and dirt was used to cremate an old friend, a recently departed soul. As the wind swayed back and forth, a few pecks of the residue was lost to the world.

This was a place where someone, sad and broken, was lost to those who loved him. It was even worse since there was no way to bring him back. It was impossible.

Or was it?

Deep within the soil, a strange power brew. A power that started to stir. But how would be the question.

Three weeks ago, there was a burst of magical energy that had engulfed much of the world, a magic that could not be from the human world. A magic that didn't belong here.

Ever since they had encountered it by surprise, both angels and demons have tried to find the source of this magic but neither of them have succeeded in finding out where is came from. For the angels, it wasn't hard to detect magic, considering that it leaves traces in the environment around them. Most of the magic had come from the demons, so they wouldn't have trouble sniffing it out, normally. But this power, it so different from the magic practiced from witches and higher demons around the world, that it had expanded from a single blast all the way to the edge of American.

This magic was just different, too different. A magic that can do untold wonders compared to the limited forces here on Earth.

The power had faded away when the explosion ended, but not all of it disappeared into thin air. And not all of it was preserved in Beacon Hills. The excess energy from the blast had gathered in the pile of ashes, growing and growing, until now.

Finally, after three weeks, the power had started to surface as specks of the ash started to float upward, without the wind casting them away. A small rumbling could be heard as the earth responded to the magic stirring to life. Now was the time for the true power to awaken. The skies above roared softly as they started to darken and the wind started to move aggressively.

The sky was engulfed by dark clouds of lightning and thunder.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

The clouds cheered loudly for the return of one. The trees swayed and danced in the wild wind with glee and little critters ran due to the upcoming chaos that was going to take place.

Little specks of dirt began to hover above the ground just a bit. The wind picked up more and more and the dark clouds began to crackle to life, roaring through the skies. The once starry night had been replaced by destructive clouds of black. The hill of ash started to vibrate, shaking like an earthquake as something started to move from the inside. The glass of the summer house windows started to crack and shatter and the walls broke from force. Lightning that had been pouring through the night started to strike the small dirt hill. One by one, bolt by bolt, the dirt had spiraled in a vortex as lightning had struck the pile multiple times, sparks of light crackled here and there.