Chapter 21: An Old Story to close and a New Story to be told

"Hey, Sammy, need another beer," Dean yelled with chunks of his burger dripping out of his mouth. Dean really needed to learn some table manners. Sam yelled over the racket, "No thanks."

Dean yelled an okay and Sam rolled his eyes as he carefully fed the bottle to baby Robin. He and Zelena were inside with everyone else, celebrating the freedom of Storybrooke. Dean was currently eating a burger with Emma and Hook, along with an annoyed Crowley who rested his head against his hand as he leaned against the counter. Henry was actually talking with the angel, Castiel along with Regina clinging to his side. His mother was in a deep conversation with Rumpelstiltskin and Belle. Sam was also able to see the other fairytale creatures celebrating along with them.

For about half a week, the Winchesters had stayed behind to help the heroes rebuild their home and help its citizens recuperate from the chaos that had imprisoned them. Luckily, there was no danger for a while. It took some time to help restore Storybrooke, but with a little bit of magic, it was possible. Sam was glad they could help with the heavy lifting. It may have been tiring but it was worth it. Zelena spoke against the racket, "I think she likes you."

Sam looked up and smiled at the impressed Zelena Mills. Sam shook his head, "Well, I'm not so good with kids."

"I never took you for a liar, Sam Winchester," Zelena joked with a sly smirk.

"And I'm not," he retroed, "And how do you know that she likes me?"

Zelena shrugged, "Well, she seems to relax around you."

"Hmmm, well she's a sweet girl. It doesn't seem like she causes any trouble anyway," Sam noted. Zelena sighed, "True."

They both watched as baby Robin took tiny sips of the milk in the bottle. Sam had never seen anything so beautiful in his entire life. He had heard about how babies can change someone's perspective on life, and he had to say, he felt a wave of happiness wash over him. He had always hoped that he would a child one day. Sadly, it wasn't wasn't ideal to raise a kid as you hunt monsters. Now his wish may never come true, but looking down at Robin with her shiny innocent blue eyes, it gave him hope.

"She's beautiful," Sam mumbled with a small smile playing on his lips. Zelena chuckled in amusement, "Is the big strong Winchester crying?"

Sam hadn't noticed that a single tear had been falling down his cheek until he wiped it away with the back of his hand. He laughed a little as he cradled the little girl in his hands.

"Sorry, I'm not usually like this...um," Sam tried to find the right words, but he couldn't. So Zelena spoke for him, "It's alright. Even though I had never imagined I would say this out loud, I felt the same way the first time I laid eyes on her," The former Wicked Witch looked down at her daughter who cooked a little as Sam smiled down at her.

    "Whatever happened to the father," Sam asked out of curiosity. Zelena choked a little and looked down, a little guilt ridden. Robin Hood may have been a pain in the ass, but he did care for their daughter. Even if she didn't love him, Zelena often thought about Robin Hood. Even if she didn't want to admit it to the other heroes, she did want her daughter to be like him. Zelena respected his legacy and name. In fact, she wanted baby Robin to be strong, brave, and daring just like him. But also with a dash of mischievousness. Hey, even if she wanted her daughter to be good, doesn't mean she shouldn't be at least a tiny bit wicked.

    "It's a long, complicated story," Zelena answered with a grimm look on her face. Sam shrugged, "You could always tell me about it."

Zelena sighed, "Well, it isn't a pretty story. Out of all the wicked things I've done. This is probably one of the worst. Or is it...sorry when you do wicked things, it's hard to keep track."