Chapter 10: The Demon and the Savior

Tunnels were laced with monsters around every corner, standing like guards on patrol duty. Torches and lustrous magic crystals were the only light illuminating the walls of pure dust and stone. But even with the light, running through these mines were like running through a maze. And it only got worse with the wrong companion by your side. You can be that one person who doesn't talk at all and end up sneaking past all your enemies without a scratch, but if you have that dumbass who doesn't stop talking by your side, you're already dead. The sharp rocks on the ground and the light magic flowing through the mines like blood rushing through veins made Crowley complain and whine in annoyance. He would wail about how his good shoes were being ruined with the pointy rocks and how the magic was suffocating his demonic soul.

    For a demon, Emma thought he was more of a little girl in a suite as he kept on talking and whining all the way to the exist of the mine. Even Henry, no even Zelena, didn't complain as much as he did!

    Emma Swan had tried to ignore him as much as possible so that way they wouldn't end up blowing their cover. However, she would be lying if she said she didn't want to put an apple in his mouth like chefs do with a good toasted pig people get to eat at fancy dinners. It had been like this ever since they escaped from their cells and fled into the tunnels. For an entire day, they had wobbled and sneaked through the underground without rest. Ironically Crowley was perfectly fine despite his displeasure, but Emma was really tired. And it didn't help that she was still wounded from the battle she had the mysterious invader.

    Crowley wasn't been much help ether, he said he would heal her, while she would protect him from the monsters with the angel blade he lent her. If anything, he would just make a bruise disappear and that was it. He would only talk to her as she checked every corner of each hall to make sure that the monsters nearby wouldn't see them. It was pretty hard though with Crowley practically glued to her shoulder as he whispered more about how the other demons were stupid and unreasonable. 

    She honestly didn't care if the other demons enjoyed sucking the life out of him or if the irritating demon himself was wearing a dress with a small little crown. All she cared about, was saving her family, and she was putting up with the big baby for them.

    And most importantly, she wasn't going to let this demon distract her from doing just that.

    Emma watched carefully behind a boulder as a few monsters, about three to four started to argue among themselves. However, it was hard to make out what they were saying. hearing them communicate was like listening to a couple of pigs snort as they rolled in the mug. It was disgusting and troublesome. Still, if there were any information on the guy invading Storybrooke, they would know.

    "So anyway, what do you think about them? What should I do about this pesky little situation?"

    Emma turned to him with a raised eyebrow as to ask him what he was talking about. Crowley only rolled his eyes.

    "I was asking, what do you think I should do?"

    "Yes, you're a lot more enjoyable to be around if you don't talk as much," Emma said, ignoring her demon friend. Crowley grunted at the blonde that kept dismissing him all through their search for a way out of these mines. He didn't completely care if Emma were to get hurt in the process, all he cared about was getting out of here in time to contact the boys for help like he would normally do. Especially now, because in any other situation, Crowley would never give into fear, but this? Monsters walking in a actual physical form? That was new to him, and he was an old demon who knew a lot more than any average demon.

    With his time around working for the mysterious invader in a mansion located within the town, he was able to learn a few things about these creatures, now it wasn't a lot but just enough to get around them. The invader was more of a big question mark than the rest of the creatures he was controlling with the snap of a finger.