Chapter 11: Hospital Hostility

What's that one place you never want to set foot in again after one bad experience? Or wish to never visit for bad luck?

    Hospitals!

    It all has to do with hospitals! It's the last place that anyone wants to be, the place where doctors give you the bad news that makes you want to scream and beat them to death. And who can blame them? This is caused by the loss of grief we feel every time we hear the words: I'm sorry, we lost them.

    Or maybe, doctors who work at the hospital make you so happy that you want to hug them and cry with tears of glee when you hear that a newborn has arrived. It is a happiness that makes one want to fly above and beyond.

    And sometimes, some of the doctors are glaring at you when they are pulling a trolley with a guy in his early thirties who was shot by you and now the sheriff is asking you questions on what had happened. You just want to shrink away and wish things went in a different direction. Does anyone wish they could do that?

    Because that was exactly how Zelena felt as Sheriff Stilinski stood before her and her agitated sister, Regina.

    "Look, sheriff, that lunatic was trying to kill me! Me! Not the other way around, plus my sister is a witness," Zelena pointed to Regina like a child. The black haired beauty just rolled her eyes and explained her side of the story, "Listen officer, my sister is being honest about this. My sister and I just had a walk through the woods and suddenly this guy showed up and tried to shoot us both."

    Noah Stilinski simply furrowered his eyebrows in confusion and asked, "In the middle of the night, in a cave with the weird markings, and with your sister holding a gun without you even noticing in the first place?"

    Regina sighed as she rubbed her eyes. Well, for I've learned from experience, my sister is unpredictable, on so many levels.

    "My sister is big on survival, you should see what she did to her house," Regina lied with a light chuckle to lighten the mood. Zelena smiled nervously. The sheriff looked unconvinced and rolled his eyes.

    The hospital doors suddenly burst open with three teenagers running up to the sheriff. A boy with brown hair and gentle blue eyes spoke when he reached the sheriff, "Sheriff, we need to talk to you. Alone."

    Noah looked back the women and told them to stay put. Really? He's going to listen to a bunch of teenagers instead of adults? Regina shook her head. Some sheriff he turned out to be.

    As he walked away, Regina turned to Zelena with an irritated glare and a disappointed frown. "Zelena. A gun? Seriously?!"

    Zelena gasped, "Hey, just because I lost my magic, doesn't mean I shouldn't have something to protect myself!"

    Regina buried her face in her hands and rubbed her temples to relieve the stress she was just experiencing. She cared for her sister, but ever since she lost her magic, Zelena had been more alert with her surroundings. Just last week, Regina had woken up during the night. When she went downstairs to drink coffee, Zelena had almost attacked her with a frying pan, thinking she was burglar. Regina knew that Zelena was just trying to prepare for the worst if Robin was ever in any danger, but Regina felt like her sister was taking things a little too far.

    "Look Regina, I'm sorry," Zelena apologized with a childlike pout. Zelena pulled back her auburn hair that looked orange under the fluorescent lighting behind her ear. The younger sister knew that Zelena was being genuine about her apology.

    Regina rubbed her sister's shoulder gently, "Don't worry, like you said, you were trying to defend us. I understand that you didn't mean to hurt anybody. But in all honesty, we got more important things to worry about."