Chapter 19: The Wayward Son

The road ahead was bathed in a misty fog that would give anyone that eerie feeling that someone or something was following them until they gained the perfect opportunity to strike you down and rip you apart. The tall, bare trees within the forests of Maine were completely covered in snow and rainwater. The dark pavement of a lonely road glistened with the melted snow as light reflected off of it. The clouds above were a light shade of gray, with a few rays of sunlight pouring through. The path ahead held many weeds sprouting out of the ground along with different bushes, despite the cold weather, they continued to grow.

Stiles shivered as the gentle wind blew past him, carrying dead leaves of brown with it. All he was wearing was a t-shirt encased by a huge black leather jacket he had stole from Dean's closet, along with jeans and converses he already had. He was carrying a disgusting lime green colored duffle bag on his left shoulder. His snake ring glistened in the little sunlight that reflected off the starling silver.

He sighed and pulled out what was left of the coffee cup he had ordered from a gas station not far from here. He knew that it was wrong and that his ADHD would act up, but it didn't matter. Not right now anyway. He couldn't sleep anymore, he didn't want to sleep anymore. Ever since he had those terrifying dreams, he didn't even want to lay his head against a soft, tempting pillow. All these dreams were ether dangerous and chaotic or peaceful and beautiful. Either way, he didn't trust that these were normal dreams, and his suspicions were correct when he had slept all the way from Beacon Hills to the Winchester's bunker. He just wished he could for once get a good night sleep, and he was more than tempted to try, but deep down he didn't feel comfortable for what he would see in his dreams.

As he moved, the duffle bag hit his leg with gentle thuds. Stiles could feel the scabbard hit him as he moved and shrugged the duffle bag even closer to his body. He had taken David's sword and some spell books from the heroes as they slept during the night. It wasn't easy but he managed to stay quiet as he escaped the protection of the bunker and to the borders of Storybrooke. It was disappointing that he wasn't exactly at the border, but he was close enough to walk the distance to where he needed to be. It was strange though, he had asked Henry to teleport him at the borders of Storybrooke, however, he had ended up in Augusta, Maine. It was a long walk to Storybrooke, and it was tiring but he managed. Stiles was careful to watch over his shoulder, with monsters on the loose and a fog rolling in, he didn't want to take any chances. He knew that a mist would be another sufficient form of travel for the Undesirable.

Last night, Stiles had packed everything he had, or rather the little things he needed and asked Henry to take him here. At first, the preteen was worried and skeptical of Stiles' actions but eventually he caved in. But he had to make a promise that he would come back safe. Of course, he promised, but knew that he might break it in the end. But his reason for leaving did not change. He was going to save Mason from Fenrir before he could regain his old power. He wasn't going to give up on his mission to save his friend and bring him home. The others were clueless on how to defeat Fenrir. He would've been clueless too, if he hadn't learned from an unlikely ally on how to stop Fenrir before he used Storybrooke's magic to his advantage. Stiles had wanted to tell the others, but he felt like this was something he had to do alone. But why? He was human! He wasn't a good hunter like the other Winchesters, hell, he wasn't even a hunter himself!

Well he didn't care, his friend was in trouble and he didn't care if he was going to get hurt in the process. He did feel sorry for leaving Dean and Sam while they were asleep. Surprisingly, He was willing to give them a second chance, even if he had denied the truth if someone asked. But he needed to be alone for what had to be done. The war Sally, or whatever her real name was, had told him about was going to be a deadly clash and he couldn't believe he was stupid enough to forget that his friends were going to be involved. Ultimately, he already knew that it would be impossible for them to stay out of this mysterious war. But that didn't mean he wasn't going to try to save them and keep them out of his problems for as long as he can, until his friends would force him to give in and let them help him.