Chapter 15: Operation Sleepy Town

The halls of the Beacon Hills hospital had doctors, nurses, surgeons and many others running about trying to save lives and assist patients that had been wounded or near death after the attack of the monsters behind the fog. Every second, people rolled in with loved ones and demanded for immediate assistance. Under the circumstances, the doctors found it stressful to handle this many people, especially after a vicious attack, an attack that can't be explained by logical. Nevertheless, they ran to the need of others. However, among them was a group of people who rushed after a dying man. Stiles, Scott, Dean, Sam, Noah and Melissa were racing through the halls with Lydia leading them the chaos to Chris Argent's room.

    "Here!" Lydia yelled. Melissa pushed past her and into Chris' room. Regina was already in the room with Zelena holding Henry near the doorway as the younger sister examined the restless Argent. Melissa pushed past the other two and inspected the sleeping Argent. "What happened?"

    The boys rushed in to see Chris Argent begin to breath and out in a rapid pace. His head was sweating and his hands and feet were moving violently. Stiles and Scott watched in fear as the man started to choke a bit. Dean and Noah rushed and without orders held him down. "Where's Deaton," Melissa asked. "He's working on making a replication of the anti-venom," Zelena answered.

    Melissa removed the bandage and was surprised to see that the black tendrils were traveling across the man's chest like an evil shadow trying to possess him. She looked at up at Regina and pleaded, "Can you cast the Preservation Spell again?"

    Regina had tried again the minute Lydia summoned her here, but nothing worked. Trying again, she held up her hands again and did her best focus on the spell; suddenly her hands started to glow a faint violet. Even from here, Stiles himself, who was human, could taste the power. Although, it wasn't much, and was withering little by little by every second. Regina gave it her all but her magic, it was useless. With frustration, she exclaimed, "I can't, I don't why, but my magic is failing. I don't think I will be able cast the spell again."

    Melissa looked up in confusion. "What do you mean? For the entire day, you've been able to cast that stupid spell so easily! And so now, you tell us you're worn out and tired. Nah, nah, nah, no way in hell woman, I need you to be bright eyed and bushy tailed lady. He's needs you to cast the spell again so do it!"

    Regina scoffed and rudely implied, "I meant my powers are weakened. They don't seem to be working."

    "Well why," asked the sheriff with utter annoyance. Regina yelled, "I don't know."

    Everyone couldn't find for an explanation for why Regina's power was failing. Melissa and Noah were just baffled and irritated by this. Henry's eyes widened as soon as he remembered on important fact. Henry reminded them, "Our magic works different here."

    "That, or you guys are getting lazy" Stiles said.

    "Actually, Henry's right," Zelena said. She could see everyone was questioning this, so to help Henry, she explained. "The vet was right, we and our magic are from another land. This land may have its own magic, but it's very strong here. So naturally, I wouldn't count that the power of Storybrooke magic will work as much out of the town's boundaries."

    "That's comforting," Dean mumbled with an eye roll.

    "Wait, does that explain why Henry was screaming and yelling in his sleep while his pen continued to write on its own? Or why those burn marks appeared on his skin," Sam asked out loud.

    "WHAT?!" Regina turned to Henry with eyes that could explode with fierce rage if they could. Sam covered his mouth as soon as he realised what kind of trouble he got Henry into. Henry panicked. "Well, um, mom so funny story..."