Chapter 16: The Fight for Beacon Hills

The sun was above the sky shining down with it's brilliance, but sadly it wasn't the same with the sky itself. Clouds, gray and black, hovered high above the town of Beacon Hills for magic dark stirred from the horrors from Storybrooke below had crawled  through the pipes that creaked and wobbled each time the monsters ran through the endless maze that smelled like butttox. These smily, revoltng creatures snickered and snarled with their mouths as wide as measuring rulers, claws that could drill into one's skin with a swift slash, some muscular, some skinny. Despite their differences, each one of them were equally ugly and disgusting.

The creatures snickered in glee as they peaked through the sewage pipes to the outside world. The sun may have been hidden, but some light poured through, and thus it was not a risk to crawl out of their hidding place and get boiled to mush. But that didn't stop them from enjoying themselves, for they watched as people waltzed back and forth with confusion on their faces and worry in their innocent eyes. Every cizian remembering the horrors they for saw yesterday. A little critter with webbed feet and red yes giggled as a little girl around five screamed as she found it lurking in the ground.

My pets, I call onto all of you. Come to me...

"Master, he calls on us!"

"Our master needs us!"

"Our master is here!"

    "Master! Oh, master! We're coming master!"

"He has come."

The monsters raced to a huge chamber under the city with rivers of sewage water that were sickly green, along with walls and a sidewalk of concrete that was covered in moss and bacteria. The stench of people's residue in this part of town was so horrible, it would haunt anyone's dreams. As they crawled on the very top of the ceiling or swimming in the defiled waters of Beacon Hills, a figure in a business suite walked along the concrete floor. The invader of Storybrooke strolled in with a look of disgust on his face as he rubbed his shoe against the cracked floor in order to remove the bacteria from his shoe. He walked until he stood at the edge where monster stuck up their heads from the water. When one of them started growling, the man growled back but with a deeper and deadlier tone.

"Well, listen up you miserable pieces of shit." the monsters went to utter silence as they waited for their master to speak. He continued, "In this pathetic little town is a source of power that can save me or destroy me. It's up to you abominations of nature to find it for me. If you don't, I'll eat you up and throw you into the depths of the Underworld."

With each word he spoke, the monsters flinched in fear of their's master's power over them. He had tortured a few of them before to ensure that they'd follow him. None of these creatures would dare cross him or disappoint him. They may have lack intelligence, but they weren't that stupid. The master's boomed and echoed through the walls, "If you don't capture what I desire, you better not come back unless you want me to make an example of you."

The monsters bowed and whispered a yes master. He smirked in satsification and annunced, "You are all dismissed. When the sun falls, you will rise and attack."

They all mumbled a 'yes master' and went their separate ways and waited until the sun would fall. The invader smirked as his plan for one of the teens of Beacon Hills came to mind. His time to rise was nearly here and he couldn't wait for that time to pass. He walked away as his blue eyes shimmering green in the darkness.

***

    "You're definitely a cooler version of the classic Snow White," Mason complemented as Mary just finished explaining how she learned how to use a bow-and-arrow.