Chapter 20: To Be, or Not to Be?

As Fenrir felt the heart flutter in his hands, he immediately ripped it out of the boy's chest, causing him to fall to his knees like a beggar from the side of the road that you could just kill with a bang to the head. The dual creature smirked as the delicate heart beat against his hand. It glowed a shimmering light red, with a few dark spots here and there. Stiles' heart was a bit dark indeed, probably more light than it should have been. But it didn't matter. He looked to see everyone's panicked features, except for Lucifer who grinned like a child. It felt so good for Fenrir, to have the power of someone's life in his hands. It made him feel like a god among others, and he desired nothing more than the completely satisfaction of someone trembling at his feet.

Then he squeezed it tightly causing Stiles to yell in pain. Whereas he, laughed in in glee as Stiles held onto his chest with both hands. Stiles looked up with a look of complete pain and fear as he saw his heart beating in the hands of a powerful foe.

Poof!

Fenrir purred as the once glowing, enchanted heart in his hand turned into dust and tiny pieces of stone. As for Stiles, he literally dropped dead on the floor with Dean, yelling in anger as he crawled by his son's side holding his face with both hands. Fenrir would listen as everyone in the room gasped in shock of Stiles' death...

Dean was the only one who was silently crying, hoping that this truly didn't come to pass. For the strong man to appear weak, helpless, and hopeless as the rest of the gang. This is how Fenrir had imagined it...

This is how he wanted it to end...

He wanted Stiles dead on the the marble floor with Dean and Sam overflowing with guilt and the heroes staring at Stiles' lifeless body with utter shock and little hope that they could save their town. However, as quoted in the past by so many others, what you want isn't what you get.

Fenrir, however, wasn't aware of this as he tried to pull out Stiles' heart. The boy gasped in pain as the man tried to budge it out, but it didn't. He couldn't understand why his magic couldn't rip the simple, fragile object out. Fenrir growled, "How can this be? Why can't I rip your stupid, little heart out?"

"Stop," Stiles stuttered as he shivered from the cold fingers digging into his heart. "Get it over with you bitch!"

Dean, Sam, Castiel, Mary, even Crowley looked with shock and confusion as Fenrir tried so hard to rip Stiles' heart with little progress. The Storybrooke heroes were even more so shocked as Fenrir growled at the teenager.

"Is that even possible? Why can't he rip out his heart," Snow asked with worry and panic for the boy. Regina shook her head and said she didn't know why. Everyone was lost for a while, but then Snow's eyes perked up, "Wait a minute..."

Charming, Hook, Emma, the Mills sisters, and Henry, looked towards Snow as she continued to stare at the sight of Fenrir struggling to get what he wanted. She mumbled, her eyes flickering with familiarity, "This has happened before..."

Dean watched in horror as Stiles breathed heavily from having Fenrir's hand in his chest. He turned towards his brother and asked, "What's going on?"

"I don't know," Sam answered him with as much panic as his brother and mother had.

"Agh," Fenrir roared as he pulled his hand out and whined like a wounded puppy. Stiles gasped as the foreign feeling of someone digging deep into his chest had finally left him. He kneeled down in exhaustion as his entire body shivered from the cold feeling of evil grasping him from the inside. But at the same time, there was an unknown sensation washing over him. It wasn't dark and it wasn't evil. It actually felt warm and...beyond...like there was more to this sensation than he could ever comprehend.