Chapter 6: Redemption

It was dusk and the decade old motel lights flickered on and off through the growing night sky with stars glimmering through the fading sunlight. Cars moved in the drive through and people rushed to get into their assigned rooms.

Apartments with simply bedding and curtains with strips of orange and blue. Among one of these people was a man in a trench coat (a coat that he bought at a local clothing store nearby) carrying a container of ice. Castiel pulled out his key card and opened the door to see Henry typing away at the laptop with extreme focus. Castiel himself thought that Henry could be mistaken for a college student.

The two have been busy driving all the way to Lebanon, Kansas to reach the Winchesters and inform them on what has happened. The road had been hard and a bit difficult for Castiel because he was still regaining some of his original strength. Luckily it was Castiel who was doing the driving because if Henry did it, they would've literary crashed into (not at) the motel.

"Here's the ice." Castiel said as he placed the container on the table as Henry skimmed through the magical book and chewed on a grilled cheese. He thanked Castiel as he refilled his cup with ice and served himself some coke.

Castiel looked outside the window to see the yellow bug patiently waiting for them to continue their journey. Their travels have been slow due to the fact that taking care of a thirteen year old wasn't as easy for the frail angel. The good thing was that Henry wasn't a bother, except for the times he would often wander off and try to 'borrow' things that would seem useful. In addition, his sleeping habits were pretty poor, which kept him from focusing on the task of researching more on the monsters. Surprisingly, the boy himself was actually pleasant to be around, Castiel liked him a lot more than he thought he would. Being around him, made the angel think of his friends. Henry was courageous like Dean, combined with Sam's intellect, he was almost like a Winchester in his opinion.

Henry continued his work on the computer with the storybook besides it. Castiel sat on the chair, next to Henry and gazed upon the book too. "So, have you found anything interesting?"

Henry shook his head and closed it. "No, I'm trying to figure out where these monsters came from and why they're here. I've read this book a thousand times but there are no clues as to what these monsters are and what world they originate from."

"What did they look like? Maybe I can help," Castiel offered.

"They all had different shapes, some ether had horns, bat wings, slimy skin, disgusting breath, and one of them had a rotting body, just really demonic in general." Henry explained. He took another bite out of his grilled cheese and moaned in delight.

"Henry, I like you, but you gotta stop eating that grilled cheese and making those weird noises the girl did when the pizza man started slapping her rear." Castiel stated with a look of disgust. Henry raised a brow and asked, "What pizza man?"

Castiel waved his hand to dismiss the thought, "Never mind. Just don't eat it like a food monster." Henry shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat his lunch.

"So where are your wings and halo," Henry asked with a one sided smile. The angel rolled his blue marbles and released a small sigh. Henry had asked this question a million times and liked how Castiel had found it annoying. "I told you Henry, your eyes don't have the vision to actually perceive my wings, also I don't have a halo."

Henry laughed a bit and continued to look up monsters on the internet. Castiel watched as Henry typed away again on the computer. After few minutes of typing and running through endless websites, Henry groaned in frustration and put his hands on his face. Castiel looked amused as Henry dragged his fingers down the flesh of his flushed cheeks.