Chapter 6 What Is Wrong With Me?

Amy had trouble focusing in her classes as she had no idea who placed the teddy bear in her locker. It was ridiculous to her something like this mattered that much, but it was intriguing at the same time. Who would bother to open her locker and place a teddy bear ? The answer to that question shouldn't be hard, besides from Dana she was not friends with anyone else. This bothered her even at lunch.

" Can't stop thinking about the bear?" Dana guessed as she gave a bite to  the lettuce in her salad. 

"No, i know it's dumb but I can't stop thinking about it." Amy sighed.

"Hey, i have a guess of who could have done it. " Dana whispered.

"Who?"

"Jonah. "

"Nice joke, seriously who do you suspect?" Amy said drinking her water. 

"I'm serious. Jonah could have as well place it. "

"You seriously think Jonah Parker, the popular soccer captain would bother opening my locker and placing a get well soon teddy bear there?"

"Why not? He speaks to you, somehow, he likes you. Maybe not like like but yeah he seems to like you. "

"How would he even open my locker?" Amy asked looking nervously to where he was seated. Jonah was talking to his best friends, and before he noticed her watching him, she moved fastly her look. 

"In the same way i opened Jenna's locker, YouTube tutorials. It's not really that hard. You know how YouTube has contents of every kind. "

Amy decided to give a break on all the teddy bear issue. She walked to her locker with Dana at the end of the day. She opened her locker and stuffed the bear in her backpack just as the other books she was taking home. She placed it on the back pocket since it didn't fit with all her other stuff. 

"So, you decided to keep it?" Dana asked leaning on a locker. 

"Yeah, I may never find out who gave it to me, but it was a nice detail. It really is."

"Hot guy coming here. " Dana said in a low voice. 

"What are you talking about?" Amy asked.

"Hey Wilkes, got a minute?" A masculine voice said behind Amy. She didn't have to turn to see who it was. She immediately recognized the voice, plus he was the only who called her Wilkes. 

"I have to go, my parents are waiting for me outside. See you tomorrow." Dana said to Amy who gave her a killing look for leaving her alone. 

"Hi. " Amy answered to Jonah. 

"Are you feeling, okay?" He asked smiling at her. 

Damn. That smile could melt both the North and South poles, Amy felt weak against it. It was as if he had some ability to disarm her to his will. And he wasn't even trying.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. " 

"Good, that day at the lab I freaked out when seeing you at the floor. "

"It was a scary for all of us, with no doubt. " she said looking at the floor and to him next. 

"Before the accident I was about to ask you something. We have an upcoming game against Weston, and I'm planning to celebrate our victory with a party at my place. Would you be interested in coming? it will be the same night of the game, in three weeks." 

She heard what he said but she still had trouble believing what he said. It was hard to believe he was seriously inviting her to a party at his house. She even wondered if it was really happening, and it was all about a dream. Amy almost felt tempted to pinch herself to be sure it was all real.