Chapter 20 School Spirit

Amy opened the door to the apartment and signaled Dana to get inside.She placed her keys in the hanger where she and Sean placed keys, since Sean's keys were not there that meant he was not there.This somehow caused her relief, as she was not ready to tell Sean about her secret, which was awkward since they  trusted everything, to each other but this time was different. And she didn't want him to listen her conversation with Dana. 

" Let's go to my room. " 

"Ok, then. "

The two girls entered to the room, and Amy still couldn't relax. She wondered what Dana's reaction would be when knowing her abilities, would she freak out? Would she be excited?The tension was in the air. 

"Ok, what do you need to tell me?"

"Give a minute, this is not easy."

"You're not pregnant, right?" Dana said sitting on the bed. 

"Of course not, I have not had sex with anyone. How can you say something like that?"

"Oh, thank god. " Dana said sighing relieved. "Sorry, but all this secrecy has me scared. You can't blame me. "

Amy understood how she felt, if it would be other way around she would as well be making  guesses.But not a pregnancy.

"I need you to pay full attention."

Amy finished the sentence and focused as much as she could. Seconds later her body dissapeared and she heard Dana scream.

" Holy crap, what was that about?" Dana yelled almost falling from the bed.

Amy decided that was enough for the moment as Dana was too scared, and didn't want to scare her more.She became visible hoping Dana would not have a negative reaction. 

"This is what i wanted to share with you. " Amy said nervously. 

"Since when can you do that?" Dana asked still shocked. 

"It all happened after the tour at the lab. I guess the explosion caused an effect on me that i had no idea of. " 

"But you were at the hospital and the doctors said you were fine. "

"I know, but it happened since then. At first it happened when i was nervous or scared, now i can control it more. "

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was scared, i had no idea how would you react. I haven't even told Sean. "

"Why not?" 

"I don't know.He was all so worried when he got the call saying i was at the hospital. I don't know how he would be if he knew. I'm still not ready to tell him. "

In that moment a knock was heard and the door was opened by Sean. He looked at the girls and greeted them. 

"Hey sis. Hi Dana, i had no idea you would be visiting us today. "

"It is more a short visit, came here to study. Great to see you. " 

"Thanks. Ams, trust me when i tell you i was not eavesdropping but i heard you about not telling me something. Is everything okay?"

Crap. Amy didn't see that coming, she opened her mouth to tell everything to Sean but luckily for her Dana interfered and saved her. 

"There's a soccer match against Weston on Friday. And we both got invited to a party after the game. She was telling me how she was still not sure how to tell you."

"Who's party is it?" Sean asked  crossing his arms while leaning on the wall. 

"Jonah Parker. " Amy answered.