Chapter 14 Caring About Her

Dana's 's mom, Mrs. Murphy,  was an incredible woman to Amy. She remembered how Mrs. Murphy explained to her all about growing up along with Dana.She explained to her about bras,taught her to use makeup,  her period and everything she had to know. Mrs. Murphy was like another mother to Amy, and a part of her wished that when her parents died they would have lived with the Murphys.

Now that she was older she understood the reason: The Murphys had two kids to raise, Dana and her older sister Monica, and they would struggle with money. Her parents,who were close to them, knew it and decided to give their custody to their Aunt Beth, who was a close relative.

"How were the auditions, girls?" Mrs. Murphy asked after giving Dana a kiss on the cheek. 

"Pretty good, i believe i  got the role i want. " Dana  said buckling her seat belt. 

"What about you, Amy?" 

"I don't think I did that well. "

"Don't be so hard on yourself, you might as well get a role. Are you hungry? I was planning on taking you to eat."

"That's not necessary, you can just drive me home. " Amy said not wanting to be a burden. 

"Nonsense Amy, you are my guest. Let's go eat at Chilis. "

At that same time Jonah arrived home and as usual only Natasha was at home since his father usually came late at night.At first it was hard for him not to see his father but with time he grew used to it.

"Jonah, how come you came so late? You had no practice today. " Natasha asked. 

"Oh, you know my schedule now?" He asked laughing. 

"Of course, I do, since I'm the one that washes your uniform every week."

"I was at auditions in school, for a play. "

Natasha served a plate of food for him and Jonah sat down to eat. He wasn't that really that hungry but when she did that he knew she would not accept a no for an answer. 

"That's great, what's the play?"

"A Winter's Tale from William Shakespeare. " 

"And what made you try out?" She asked sitting next to him

"I'm trying new stuff, i'm tired of only being known as the soccer captain. I'm more than that. "

"That's great, universities like to see students that get involved in school activities. But will you be able to balance it with soccer practices?"

Jonah was hoping soccer practices and the play wouldn't clash together,if not he would have to decide for one and he didn't want to.Coach Carter always pushed them more whenever soccer season was close, or when a rivalry game was upcoming, like the one against Weston. 

"I know i can, I will somehow. Now I'll have to find out the way to tell my dad. "

"You haven't told him?"

"No, you know how busy he is. I believe he prefers his work over me. "

"Don't say that Jonah, your dad loves you.He just doesn't knows how to show it to you. "

Jonah just prefered to be quiet,he really wanted to believe it but it was hard when he barely saw his dad.

Next morning Amy was with Sean driving to school.Sean decided to stop on a McDonalds to buy something to eat since he overslept and didn't have time to prepare breakfast as he usually did. Amy knew he had being filled with lots of work lately, and to help him she would cook too.She was grateful to him, as he was not only her brother but also played a fatherly figure in her life,