Chapter 26 Bad Feeling

Amy walked to meet her brother, when she saw surprised the same girl who she saw the other day eating with him. What the hell was she doing there?She walked as fast as she could to find out.She had a huge interest in knowing what she was doing there.

" Anabelle, what are you doing here?" Sean asked.

" You mentioned how today you were coming to your sister's play, and I decided to come and show some support too." She said with a huge smile on her face.

" It was nice meeting you, but I have to help with some stuff backstage." Ms. Reynolds said excusing herself.

Anabelle's eyes moved to Amy's direction and in an unexpected way she grabbed her hand moving them up and down excitedly.

" You were amazing tonight; Perdita was with no doubt the role for you." she said smiling. 

" Thanks, if you excuse us, we have plans. " Amy said trying to be polite even though it wasn't easy for her.

" Good night, Anabelle." Sean said waving his hand.

" See you in class on Monday, Professor Wilkes." Anabelle said waving her hand too.

Amy and Sean walked as fast as they could trying to get away from Anabelle, occasionally looking back to check she was not following them. Sean opened the car and the two of them got inside, moving the car in reverse and then moving forward.

"Please don't tell me you invited her to the play." Amy said.

"God no, I did mention I was coming to your play at class today but that's all."

"Why? "

" I always speak with my students at class about activities they do outside campus, it helps me bond with them. I did not expect to see her here. "

" But from what i see she wants to have more bonding with you. You have to talk to her. "

"Trust me, I will. This was too much."

" Did you invite Ms. Reynolds to dinner? "

" I did, but Anabelle interrupted us. It might have to wait."

" Damn, I really wanted her to come with us." Amy said sighing.

Sean felt disappointed too, Ms. Hannah Reynolds looked like an accessible and tender person, no wonder Amy spoke so well about her. There was something about her that caught his eye and felt interested in getting to know her more. Sean liked smart girls, as it was easier for him to chat, and she seemed that way.

Jonah was approached by his father at the end of the play, and the way Richard Parker looked at him reflected proudness, and made Jonah smile.

" You were awesome, son. " Richard said giving Jonah a hug.

" Thanks dad. "

" Your mom would have loved to be here; she was a theater lover. She would be really proud of you."

" She loved theater?" Jonah asked surprised.

" Yeah, when I first met her, she was on a play. It was Hamlet, and she was portraying Ophelia. I feel in love with her immediately. Someday i will tell you the whole story."

" Why don't we go to dinner, and you tell me the story? I'm intrigued."

" No problem .Where would you like to eat?"

Father and son walked together chatting. For the first time in many years Jonah felt a connection with his father, and it made him comfortable. They arrived to the restaurant and continued the conversation as the waiter left after taking their orders.