Chapter 9 Text Message

Amy couldn't believe Jonah Parker pulled her name out and now both of them were to work together. She felt the look of the other girls on her, and she knew it wasn't because they were happy for her. She was thankful none of them had laser eyes or she would be dead already, as all their looks were icy and somehow murderous.

When the bell indicating the period was over she rushed to the bathroom as she just wanted to be alone to order her ideas. When she felt calmer she walked to her next class.Lunch was next and she waited patiently for Dana to arrive and tell her everything that happened. She glanced around to see if she could see her but instead her eyes found Jonah, whose eyes also saw her and approached her.

"Damn. " Amy whispered to herself.

"So, Wilkes. You and I will be partners in English class." He said leaning a hand on the desk.

"Yes, we are. " Amy said with a shy smile.

"We should exchange phone numbers since we will have to talk constantly.What's your number?" He said taking out his phone from his pocket.

Amy gave her number and Jonah dialed it in his phone, seconds later Amy's phone number started ringing, and afterwards it stopped.

"Done. Now you have my number. We'll keep in touch. See ya." He said with a smile and leaving.

In that same moment Dana sat next to her friend, however Amy didn't seem to notice her presence since she couldn't believe she exchanged phone numbers with Jonah.It was something she only imagined in her head.

"You won't guess what just happened." Dana said shaking Amy. "

"What?" Amy asked.

"I was told to go to the Principal's office. I was asked what happened between you and Jenna yesterday."

"Yeah, Sean came to talk about that incident in the morning.What happened?" Amy asked interested.

"I said she pushed you to the wall and i had to stop her. She said you insulted her, but i said it wasn't like that since we were both talking and she got in the conversation without being invited.At the end the principal said she has detention today and tomorrow.Karma really works for what i see."

"Wow. "

"If you ask me, that's way too soft for her.Considering how rude she is to everyone. "

"I have to tell you something. Jonah and i were paired up for English class."

Dana opened her mouth so much that Amy had to close it.

"Ok, wait for me to grab my food and i'll be back as soon as possible to listen to that story.

Ten minutes later Dana was with her food, a burger with cheese fries and a diet coke. Amy almost laughed since Dana always mentioned she wanted to lose weight and yet ate whatever she wanted.

"Start then, what happened?" Dana said giving a bite to her burger.

"The guys had to pull the girls' names from a bowl, to know who their partners were since we are going to be working up in a romantic scene in Literature. And before you came he asked me for my phone number. "

"This day has been amazing, Jenna having detention and Jonah asking your phone number. So, are you going to call him? "

"No, why would I call him?" Amy said shaking her head.

"To ask him out. Duh. "

"I can't ask him out. "

"Why not?"Dana replied placing her hands on her face and staring at Amy.