Chapter 11 To Be Or Not To Be A Date

Jonah felt sorry for exploding to Amy the way he did. Last night his dad had a business dinner, and he wasn't really eager to go, but since his father insisted, he went with him to an elegant restaurant. The other men started bragging about their kids, how all of them were Harvard students being lawyers, doctors, engineers etc. However, the conversation later turned to Jonah in an unexpected way.

"What about you, Jonah?" A guy called Robert asked.

"I'm the soccer captain in my school. " He answered with a smile.

"And what about your grades?" another dude whose name was Bryan or Ryan asked. Jonah couldn't remember his name and he didn't really cared.

"I'm passing my classes. " Jonah said drinking from his water.

" You are not interested in a scholarship? " Steven asked.

"I plan on having an athletic scholarship. "

"You could do such better with an academic one, you know how jocks are quite successful for a time but when they age their career is over. " Robert said.

If it would have been for him, Jonah would have thrown his water at his face, however he knew he couldn't since his father wanted to close a deal. Those men only made him feel as a brainless jock, that was ruining his life for not having the best grades.And what hurt him the most is that his dad didn't bother in defending him, he just changed the conversation topic.

Amy knew Sean would be concerned about her, so she decided to send him a text.That way he would understand she was fine.

A: My classmate says he will take me home. I hope you are ok with that.

S: I hope he behaves. If not, don't hesitate to kick him in the crotch.

Amy couldn't help smile a bit when reading this.

A: So see you later?

S: I have no choice, i have to stay a bit more here. If anything happens, just call me.

Jonah noticed Amy was texting, and the smile the conversation produced on her, making him wonder who she was talking to. He didn't know why but he felt certain jealousy,who was she speaking to?

"Are you talking to your boyfriend?" He asked stopping before a stop sign.

Amy looked at him with a surprised glaze on her face.

"No, it's my brother. "

That question made Amy wondered, was it because of curiosity or jealousy?Probably the first one, he had no reason to be jealous. He was Jonah Parker, the Soccer Captain, he could have any girl he wanted. As simple as that. Jonah parked the car and both entered to the ice cream store. The girls who saw him looked at him interested, and Amy understood why. He was the type of guy that would make girls turn around.

"Grab a seat, and I'll order. What do you want to order?" He asked.

"Chocolate, please. " She answered and sat down on an empty seat. Two minutes later he came with a tray carrying two ice cream cups in his hands. He sat and placed the chocolate ice cream in front of her, he ordered vanilla for himself.

"Thanks. " she said as she grabbed a scoop from her ice cream. It felt really tasty, creamy and sweet. "This is delicious."

"I know, it's great. I want to apologize, for the way i exploded at you. I have had a lot stuff in my head lately. "

Amy felt tempted to ask, but she didn't want to make herself look nosey, and probably he was more of a private person. The only thing that came to her was "I'm sorry to hear that. "