Chapter 24 I listen to him

Amy opened the door and saw her brother seated on the couch watching tv, he smiled when seeing her, inviting her to sit next to him patting the spot next to him.

"Aims, sit. America' Next Top Model will start soon. " Sean said as he drank a can of coke.

"Sean, i saw you today at the restaurant. With your student. " Amy said standing next to him. 

Sean kept quiet, understanding the concern in her sister's voice. He knew why she sounded so worried. 

"It's not what you think. " He said standing up. 

"Then what is it?" She asked placing her hands on her hips. 

"Her name is Anabelle Clark. She is having a hard moment; her parents are divorcing since her father was having an affair. I was just supporting her. That's all. "

"I saw how she looked at you, she has a thing for you. You should not be hanging out with her anymore. "

"I was not doing anything wrong. "

"I know, but just as i saw you any other person could have see you too. You might lose your job, you know it."

"You told me before that you were there with Dana and her mom, by any chance they saw me today?"

"No, and i didn't tell them either. "

"Thanks, i just don't want them to have a wrong idea. "

"Just promise me you are not seeing her again, outside the classroom i mean. "

"I promise. Now sit with me, i want to watch tv with my sister."

She wasn't really on the mood to watch tv, but she didn't want to hurt Sean, so she sat next to him and made him company. She was upset with him for not telling her about him seeing his student, but at the same she felt guilty as she had not shared with him her secret about her being able to become invisible. 

Jonah entered to his home, he felt tricked by his father as he felt for once that his father was trying to share time with him but to his surprise it was not like that. He felt dumb thinking he was about to have a father son night when it wasn't that way.

"Jonah, let me explain. Don't be mad, son. "

Jonah turned himself to face his father. He tried to control himself and not act in a way he would after regret.

"You know how stupid I felt since I thought we would be having dinner together, and all you wanted me was to get to know your new girlfriend and her daughter. "

"Please Jonah, it's not like that. Let's sit and talk. " Richard Parker asked his son.

"I don't want to listen to you, I'm going to bed. " Jonah claimed as he went upstairs. 

Next morning Jonah woke up earlier as usual as he had no interest of seeing his father, he grabbed his keys and drove to school. He walked through the halls and his friends were nowhere to be seen. However, he saw her with the play script on her hands, and he felt the urge to talk to her. 

"Hey Wilkes." He said coming closer to her. 

"Hi." She said raising her hands from her script.

"You're reviewing the script?"

"Yeah, I want to do a great job. My brother is coming for the play, I want to make him proud. "

Jonah couldn't help feeling jealous, Amy's brother was making an effort to support his sister, and his father never attended any of his games. For once he wished his dad would care about him and show him, he was proud of him.