The Yule Ball Pt. 2 (Fred imagine)

Looking in the mirror I can't help but feel overwhelmed. My hair's a mess, my face isn't much better, and I've only got about thirty minutes before the Yule Ball begins. How in Merlin's name am I supposed to fix both of them in just thirty minutes? I don't know a single spell that could possibly help with this mess. Just as tears begin to prick at the corners of my eyes, I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Angelina Johnson, George's partner for the Yule Ball, is standing behind me, looking at me through the mirror with worried eyes.

"Look at me.Theres no way I'll be ready in time. You may as well just go down and tell Fred that I won't be coming." I look down to my lap, tears threatening to fall.

"Oh, now, hey. Stop that." She kneals down next to me, looking into my eyes. "Come on, look, you may not be totally ready,but all of that shopping you did, all of that watching for the perfect dress, which looks gorgeous, by the way." I laugh at that, my tears drying a little. "Now, you wouldn't want all of that to go to waste, would you? And hey, just because you don't know the spells doesn't mean that I don't. We'll have you ready in no time." She stands then, pulling out her wand and pointing it at my head. Oh, that worries me. Here goes nothing, I suppose!

-Half an hour later-

I head down the stairs slowly, trying my best not to trip on my dress. Angelina is right behind me, still touching up her masterpiece. She has my hair in some elaborate updo, all curled and twisted. It looks... really nice, surprisingly enough. When we come down the stairs into the Entrance Hall, two pair of eyes turn our way. The twins immediately move, in sync, of course, to the bottom of the stairs and wait for us to finish our decent. I smile at Fred as I reach the last step, standing in front of him and waiting for him to say something.

"What're you doing? I'm George." He says, and I immediately glare at him.

"Do you honestly think I don't know the difference between the two of you?"

"Oh, alright, you got me. Tell me, what is the difference?" He asks, putting his arms around my middle.

"Oh, that's easy. You're shorter." I wrap my arms around his neck and he spins me out and onto the ground level. We share a gentle kiss, and then the doors are open, to the general public, at least. Once everyone is inside, the Champions and their partners enter and they dance. Then, it's dinner, an affair that could not possibly have been funnier, and then Fred and George excused themselves for a moment to go and crowd Ludovic Bagman for a bit about something. Angelina and I sit around the table and talk for a while, before I feel a hand on my shoulder. Next thing I know, Fred's leaning down, asking me to dance.

So, of course, I accept. He grabs my hand and pulls me out on the floor, a rare slow song being played by the Weird Sisters. His long arms wrap around my waist, and my smaller ones around his neck as we sway to the music, occasionally bumping into other couples.

"You know, this reminds me of something." He whispers in my ear, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh? And what is that?"

"Hmm... I think it involved a broom... and it was after a quidditch match, that much I remember for sure... and I think that there was this gangly, awkward excuse for a boy. Oh, yeah. And he went up to the one girl that was still in the stadium, of course, it wouldn't have mattered if there were a million people in those stands, he still would have only gone to her, because she was the most beautiful girl there. And she had the most amazing look in her eyes. And, I'm pretty sure, the boy had been madly in love with her for years now. Anyway, he went up to her and asked her, on a hope and a prayer that she would say yes, to go to the Yule Ball with him. And she said yes. And made him the happiest person alive. And he's here tonight, actually, dancing with that girl. And she is the most beautiful girl in the room." When he finally quits talking, I look at him, just look, and I can't seem to do anything else. But then, when he smiles, I know what to say.

"I love you, too, Fred Weasley."