The silver night (3/12)

[** Mephiles' garden **]

Galahad was watching him. Something about him was captivating him. Was it the sad aura? His unusual body? Or was there something more?

Mephiles suddenly opened his eyes. "You either stop starring or kill me!" He looked at him and Galahad shortly yelped, falling on his butt. He couldn't stop staring into his green eyes.

'Why they have such sadness inside?'

Mephiles stood up, turning into black mist, disappearing.

"Hey, wait!" shouted Silver, reaching for him, but it was too late. He growled. Yet again he let him get away. He ran across the garden, seeing its beauty. With his psychic powers, he was able to find another chamber full of treasures. This time it had portraits of similar looking hedgehogs and one with a normal hedgehog.

"Who is it?" he tried to dust it, but the colors were so faded it was hard to tell how the person looked. But if his guess was right, it may have been a wizard or some scholar. He sat on one carpet put on a golden hill to take some rest. He kept looking around, seeing a wardrobe full of women' clothes.

There was one wardrobe with men' clothes as well. His eyes kept checking the first one until he felt a presence. He jumped down, preparing his dagger to be drawn.

"No need to be hostile. I mean you no harm." Yet again he looked so sad and fragile. "Do you like anything?" he continued waving his hand in slow motion. "Just take it."

"Just like that?"

"Yes, take what you want. I have no use for it anymore." He walked away, passing by Galahad. The young knight looked at him confused. If he is truly that devilish knight he has heard about, why is he so... docile? It kept bugging him.

[** Many hours later **]

Mephiles was laying under the tree where Galahad found him for the second time. He noticed he has left the place... without taking anything. 'What a strange kid,' he thought. 'Isn't it wealth he desires?' Wasn't it dream of all knights? To get gold and women and be known far and wide. He sighed. 'Whatever...' He felt his body is cracking a bit. '... my time is near. There is nothing more I can do.'

His ears perked as he heard heavy panting and quick steps. He sat up, seeing Galahad to dash toward him. Once he was enough near, he bent his knees resting his upper body, and catching a second breath. Mephiles silently watched him, confused why he has returned.

"Why... did you come back?" he asked when he saw his breathing calmed down a bit.

"Just..." he wasn't sure what to say. "Just look at this." He took a small pouch opening it and a great number of lighting bugs flew out. He looked sour. "It sure looks better in the dark."

Mephiles waved his hand and the light turned dim, engulfing them in darkness. The knight jerked, but the bugs provided some light, so he knew Mephiles is still sitting. "Are those fireflies?" he asked.

"Yes," he put back his pouch.

"Why... did you bring them here? I thought you have left."

"Well yes," the young one was fidgeting with his fingers. "But you looked so sad. I thought it may cheer you up," he babbled the words out before he could think.

There was an awkward silence, but after a while, Mephiles chuckled. "To cheer me up, huh?"

Galahad felt stupid, so he rather turned his attention to the fireflies. They sure were beautiful. He sat down, getting some rest. For the last hours, he flew to find them and then back. At the castle, he depleted most of his psi power so he had to continue by foot.

"Are you a virgin?" the crystalline hedgehog asked.

"I am what?" Galahad was shocked and around them appeared dim light, not blinding them but providing enough light to see.

"I asked if you are the virgin," Mephiles repeated seeing the young knight abruptly stood up.

"H-How can you ask?" his helm couldn't completely hide his blushing face.

"So you are," he said in thinking voice. It seemed he won't pursue that topic when he undressed his pants, turning his bottom toward the knight and spreading his legs.

The young knight was so red in the face, he went weak in his knees, falling down. "Put your pants back!" he demanded, but he was still unable not to stare. His member seemed to be rather big. Mephiles lifted it to allow him to get a clear view of his bottom. Galahad noticed two holes.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked still watching.

"I want you to *beep* me."

"Come again?"