The silver night (5/12)

[** Eclipse's house – approximately the same time **]

Eclipse was lying in his bed, unable to sleep.

"Are you still thinking about him?" asked Lancelot, lifting his upper body.

"Yeah, I can't help it." Moriana kept one thing secret from the children, especially from Aalis. That night... it was supposed to be Mephiles carrying the child inside, but his dominant nature got in the way, telling him to mount Eclipse. That would make Aalis' birth essentially a mistake.

"Don't tell me you feel sorry for him," Lancelot growled a bit. "He hurt so many innocent people. He deserves to die." Eclipse wasn't so sure. "He hurt you and children."

"And I won't forgive him that." He turned to face his husband. "But I can't stop being worried. And..." he bit his lip. "His offer to have my child... It was more tempting than all the gold and treasures around us."

"Having your child?"

"Yeah, as a herm, I'm happy to give a birth to a child, but my other half wishes to give a child as well. But don't worry, I love only you." He kissed him on the forehead.

"Let me show you, how much I love you," Lancelot smiled, leaning over his lover, kissing him back on lips.

[** The morning **]

Galahad was slowly waking up. He yawned not covering his mouth as he was still sleepy. He sluggishly winked few times, before realizing he is laying under a willow tree. He looked around. The area around the tree was covered by the vines, creating magically seclude place. He was laying on the soft carpet, covered by the finest blanket and supported by the fluffiest pillow he has ever seen.

He slowly sat up, noticing his armor being arranged on a peg and a set of cotton clothes was placed right beside it. The place around the bed was covered by other carpets soft as the one he was sitting. He checked under his blanket, blushing like crazy. He realized what has he done the last night.

He covered his face with hands, feeling embarrassed but strangely... happy. He vaguely remembered Mephiles' face... it looked somehow happy for a short moment. Knowing it made him crack a small smile. After a while, he stood up, dressing the fine clothes.

They smelled nice and fit him really well. The shirt was white, with an embroidered hem and lace-up sleeves with deep V-neckline to allow his chest fluff to breath. The pants were black and had puffed and the baggy upper part went along knee-high boots that fit him perfectly. He was actually surprised a bit. How did he know his size? He picked his sword dagger, hanging it on his side.

He slowly walked, pushing the vines away, seeing there are small blossoms of light purple color all over it. He made few steps from the tree to get a better view. It was beautiful. The willow tree always symbolized a sadness, but this one... looked gentle. 'If he is the devilish knight... Why is this place so peaceful?' You sure don't expect a bad guy to have a lovely garden... you expect a hell, torture and other bad stuff.

He listened to the birds walking alongside the river. He wondered where the other is. After a few minutes, he has found him sitting under a tree. "Good morning," greeted him Galahad, feeling a bit red in the face.

Mephiles only looked at him, drawing something in the dirt. "Can you read it?"

Galahad squatted, squinting his eyes. "No, it's blurry."

Mephiles started to laugh. The knight's left eye twitched. "Are you telling me, you can't read them too?" He sure was chuckling.

Galahad stood up. "Stop with it!" He was red. He actually wrote a vulgar word to see if he can read it. It made him furious. He turned away, but he didn't make a step as he heard his stomach rumbling. "Oh, shoos," he rebuked it.

"Are you hungry?" Mephiles stood up, smearing the letters with his stubby leg.

"Maybe," he grumpily answered. He sure didn't want to give him more reasons to make a fun of him.

"Then come with me."

Galahad decided to follow him, noting he is amazed, he can walk on those stubby legs. He started to examine his body from the behind. He sure was a hedgehog and parts of his body were crystallized. "Enjoying the view?"

Galahad jerked with his head, seeing Mephiles to watching him. "Eh?"

The dark knight patted his butt, making the young one to blush. "I wasn't looking!" He tried to deny it, but in reality... he did check his butt.

"Oh?" He had impish look in his eyes. He sure was making fun of him.

"I was just wondering how can you walk on those stubby legs. That's all." He looked away, seeing they entered the ruined castle going up. After overcoming few obstacles, they entered a big room.