The Crossing (4/16)

"What?!" shouted the third thief. "It's a dude?!"

Galahad roared, jumping toward them. "You have picked the worst time!!" he grabbed the wolf one by chest fur, yanking with him and throwing him to another one while letting his torn fur to be carried away by a breeze.

"You *beep*!!" A dog lifted his rusty sword, making himself completely defenseless.

Galahad smirked, calling his dagger sword to his side, parring the slash effortlessly and smacking the weapon from his hand. Once the rest saw their comrade struggling, they ganged up on him, attacking from three sides. To their shock, Galahad... danced thru them... or it looked that way.

They never had a chance against him. The rest of the fight was short as well and they soon fell on the ground.

"You *beep*!" barked their leader, when he hit the ground.

Lancelot stepped on his crotch, pressing it. "Now, mind reminding me who lost to a dude in a dress, Mr. Fancy pants?" His eyes were cold and inexorable. He completely dominated the battlefield. The thief blacked out. "Eep!" Galahad shrieked a bit when he was hugged from behind. "Mephiles, don't scare me like that."

"It can be only you," he whispered to him. "Dominate me! Make me your toy."

Galahad blushed. "It's alright. Let's return home." He tried to drag Mephiles away.

"No, because you don't want to leave." He moved him a little closer to himself. Galahad averted his eyes. "You are too kindhearted to leave your father in such state. You wish to reconcile with him."

Galahad sadly nodded. "It doesn't matter what I want. He won't listen."

"Give it one more try."

The young knight nodded, but his slight smile turned into a shock when his eyes fell on his father. He was suddenly standing behind Mephiles. Galahad quickly protected his lover with his body. He could tell his father was angry. He was frowning, there was cold air around him and his posture was tense. The silverish knight felt Mephiles shivering and digging his crystal claws into his dress.

They were watching each other for a long minute before Lancelot spoke: "Don't be late for the dinner. I'll take care of the rest." He passed them, approaching the lying thugs.

Galahad was speechless, he expected and anger and more fighting, but this... What happened to that fury? The silver knight sure wasn't going to ask now, he rather headed his advice, walking back to the house.

There they were greeted by Eclipse, who hugged him, paying his dress compliment, which made him blush. He totally forgot to change his clothes. When Eclipse looked at Mephiles, who was standing few steps behind Galahad, the tension could be felt.

Tho it didn't last for too long, as Eclipse hugged him as well. "I'm happy you haven't closed your heart."

Mephiles had no answer, he only shyly and not fully returned the hug. No proper answer came to his mind. Eclipse then took them into the house, ensuring them the dinner will be ready shortly. Lancelot returned after an hour or so, once he handed the thugs to the castle guards. He was grumpy, feeling down, but constantly thinking about Mephiles' words.

Was he telling the truth? Was it all lie? Did he change? Those and many more questions were on his mind, accompanying all the way home. Once he entered the house, from the hall he could hear them talking, being in the dining room that was connected to the kitchen. He silently approached the door, listening to them.

"... it's really nice house," said Galahad. "I still can't believe the king built it your you."

"Yes," answered Eclipse standing in front of the oven, taking out the prepared meat. "I was nervous when I first saw him, but he is actually a really nice person. He shared with me many stories about his adventures with Lance, other knights or how he is actually sneaking out the castle to avoid paperwork," he chuckled.

"Now that's an interesting information," Lancelot entered the room, sitting on a chair in front of his son, not even glancing at Mephiles, who shivered a bit. "Care to share it with me?"

Eclipse stuck his tongue a little. "Can't-do, it's our secret." He cut the meat into slices, putting one piece on plates where he had potatoes and vegetables ready. He distributed them and they started to eat.