The Crossing (6/16)

After the dinner, Aalis agreed to let them stay, but mostly only because it was polite and Mephiles looked strangely docile. Her mom as well ensured her, he means no harm. But still, Lancelot decided she will sleep with them as they got kid's room. They had no guest room as they never expected anyone to visit them over the night.

Falling asleep felt strange. Lancelot was planning to have a nice hot night as kids were away, so he had no reason to restrain himself. He actually wanted to go a bit wild and he knew Eclipse would enjoy it as well. It was a long time since they went all out. But no, there had to be creepy knight sleeping on the second floor with his first born son as a lover.

He still couldn't wrap his head around it, it was too confusing. But he was sure now... Mephiles lost most of his aggressive nature. Before the bedtime, he tried to provoke him into... anything but all he got was averted sight and shiver. There was no way he could endanger his family.

He still planned to have a serious chat with him the first thing in the morning. He was thinking so much, he didn't notice when Aalis got into the bed with Eclipse behind her. They wished each other good dreams before closing eyes.

[** The kid's room **]

Galahad was cuddled to Mephiles, calming him, and ensuring him everything will be alright. His father didn't release his wrath upon them... yet. It was maybe around a midnight when from Mephiles' body ran tentacles thru small cracks in the wood down to the bedroom where Aalis was.

They touched her, transferring Mephiles' mind into her dream. She opened her eyes seeing a greenery all around.

"Where am I?" her voice sounded a bit strange to her and her steps were so light, she felt she can jump over the tallest mountains. She ran a bit feeling free, but that was soon over once she saw a dark figure. "You!" she quickly stepped back.

It was none other than Mephiles. Her body was covered by crystals and she clenched her fists feeling a burning sensation inside of her.

"How outstanding. I never thought you would be able to inherit so much of my blood," he silently said. "It must be because of your Darkling's blood."

"What do you want? Y-You promised you won't hurt us!" She felt insecure.

"I don't mean you any harm," he slowly walked to a log, sitting at it while with one hand he was constantly holding his stomach. "I only wish to tell you something important."

She didn't come closer. "What it is?"

"It's about your birth..."

"Yeah, I know, you took my mom by force!"

"Yes, but that's not how it was supposed to be," his face turned sadder. Aalis felt a pressure in her head and it was getting stronger by second. "I... was supposed to give you a birth, not Eclipse. But my dominant nature got in the way."

Her face was frozen in a shock before she started to shout. Waves of energy were dashing from her body, mercilessly pummeling the dark knight. He was literally kicked from her dream.

"Aalis! Aalis!!" shouted Lancelot and Eclipse, shaking with her jerking body. Her eyes were blank until she started to cry.

"Mom!!" she hugged Eclipse, who embraced her back. She was trembling like crazy, calling her mother.

Lancelot growled, rushing from his bed upstairs.

[** Fifteen seconds earlier **]

Mephiles gasped, turned to the side couching. His body was aching.

"Mephiles?!" called him his half-asleep lover who was rubbing his eyes, while holding his shoulder. "What's wrong?" Before he could answer, they heard loud steps outside of their room. Galahad jump in front of the bed and in the same time Lancelot burst into the room.

"You bastard!!" he roared. "What have you done to Aalis!" With his fist, he hit the barrier his son put up.

"Father! What are you talking about?" shouted back Galahad.

"I should have never let you enter this house!" he continued to hit the shield and silver psi-knight felt it may not hold for long.

"Let him go..." murmured Mephiles, when he stopped coughing.

"What?" barked Lancelot and Galahad in unison.

"Those punches..." He gradually sat up, showing fatigue. "... I deserve them all."

"But you have done nothing wrong!" argued Galahad.