Ch 8: The Mind Is Such A Cruel Place

Izuku's vision was clouded in darkness his body felt like it was flouting in water. Izuku steadily opened his eyes to look around. When he tried to move he felt something strange......it felt like sea weed. Izuku found his footing and stood to look around, his vision was of no use he couldn't see a thing. Izuku continued to feel the sea weed swaying against his feet, it was becoming annoying and itchy. The small boy went to move when he did he lost his footing, falling into the mercy waters beneath him. Izuku opened his eyes in the groggy and dirty water, only to be meet with a pair of lifeless eyes. Izuku tried to move back but he couldn't move his body, the lifeless eyes stared into his soul. It was horrifying to see a child's dead eyes look at you, Izuku again tried to move away. This time though he felt something on his back, tiny hands pushed him further into the water and closer to the dead bodies wading in the water. Small hands began to rise from the water's floor and grabbed onto Izuku pulling and pushing him closer to them. Izuku screamed and screamed, releasing all his air into the murky water.

Izuku couldn't move, he couldn't fight back against all these small bodies. Izuku was eventually pulled into darkness, being engulfed into the horde of dead bodies that lie on the waters floor. Again no light found Izuku he was completely consumed by the darkness. Izuku once again took the chance to open his eyes, there was a small dim light that was emitted from a tiny candle that sat directly in front of Izuku. The small boy slowly walked over to the light, his body continued to shiver from fear and the cold that circled his mind. "My little Izu" Izuku could hear a soft a gentle voice call in a loving tone. Izuku instantly recognized it as his mom, that meant that she was alive....right? The small cinnamon roll ran towards the voice desperate to find her, as Izuku sprinted at full speed walls started to build around him encasing him in a labyrinth. Izuku frantically looked around running this way and that way. He continued to follow the voice, it sounded so close yet he never found it. His body started to become exhausted, he slowed down painting like a dog. 

His breath started to become more and more visible in the cold temperatures, his body started to shake uncontrollably. Izuku once again stood, he was about to start looking when the voice stopped. It was dead silent for several minutes, before a chuckle echoed through the halls. It sounded broken and insane, nothing about it sounded right. The way it suddenly stopped didn't ease Izuku's worries at all. Izuku looked around trying to find the source only to see a shadow run pass the hall in front of him. Izuku wanted answers so he risked it, he chased after the shadow only for it to disappear right in front of him. Izuku looked around but he couldn't find it, Izuku listened closely trying to hear something anything. Nothing reached Izuku's ears, he stood in silence, unmoving and frustrated. He couldn't do anything and he was so useless he hated that, he hated how useless and worthless he truly was. 

 An elongated creak fell throught the maze snapping Izuku out of his thoughts. Looking to his surroundings he found nothing, letting a heavy sigh pass his lips Izuku started to walk through the twisting maze. The long creaks slowly continued stopping every few minuets before starting up again. It continued to get louder and louder as Izuku kept moving forward, child like laughs would echo past him every so often. A shadow would soon follow all ignoring Izuku even when the poor boy would try and catch them he would fail. His hand would simply fall through the shadows, they all came in different sizes and shapes. Some looked like boys others looked like girls, some would smile while others would frown, or grit their teeth. The only visible thing on these shadows were their teeth, their expressions were only portrayed by their pearly whites. While Izuku continued to become tired on his long journey through the never ending maze, another creature was watching lurking in the shadows.

"What am I even doing?" Izuku questioned looking around the familiar walls that trapped him. Izuku leaned up against a wall and slid down to the ground, the cold hard dirt didn't help him any. To him the area felt like it got 10 times colder, the small boy pulled his knees close and hugged himself trying to generate enough body heat to stay warm. Izuku slowly started to nod off but before he could shut his eyes and fall into a sweet slumber something passed by startling him. Izuku quickly shot up and looked around, he saw nothing but he could hear movement. It was subtle but it was there the tapping of feet hitting the cold ground, Izuku hurriedly chased after the sound. The creaking calmly getting faster and faster, while Izuku's legs began to move into a full on sprint to reach the sound. If he could have any clues at all that would be worth it, if he could just get a chance to leave this place he would gladly take it.