Ch 9: The Passage of Time

Time it's something we all use yet why does it matter, why do we fret over aging, and time moving forward. For a boy deep in the festering and disgusting world, time didn't matter. In the underground where the worst of the worst rome time is irrelevant, for they have found a way to cheat time. The very thing so many of us fear, long ago when quirks first came about there was a man. He had a very unique quirk, to control space and time. He was the one to create the underground that holds the darkest secrets and our deepest fears. When he died his quirk was removed and placed right in the center of it all, he would forever be watching his rotting kingdom.

This was the very kingdom Izuku was stuck in, though with an unlimited amount of time he was able to train. He still kept track of his "time", here days past soon turning to weeks , those weeks turning to months and finally years. The mountain that he once sat at the bottom of never able to see the peek, he was now just one step away from that very peek all he had to do was take one more leap. One more chance, Izuku had been through so much to get here. He had done unspeakable things, learning three important lessons along the way. One, never let your guard down and always check your surroundings. Second, you must do whatever it takes to survive even if that means stepping over others. Thirdly, you can never trust anyone that also meant he could never open his heart to anyone. He was forever to live a life of solitude, he had learned these lessons through hard ship. Through all these years he had grown and changed, dealing with every emotion and every demon that lurked in his shadow's. If anyone that once knew him were to see him in the state he is now they wouldn't believe that it is truly him.

Meanwhile on the surface time moved slowly going day by day. Katsuki was also training during this time but for some reason no matter how hard he trained he always felt like he was falling behind. Like he was just falling down a slope that had no end point. It was frustrating and he would constantly out lash at everyone around him. Most people thought it was because of Izuku's death, it was not two days after Katsuki attended Inko's funeral that a bloodied shirt was found. It was in a back alley, when they tested the blood for any DNA all they found was Izuku's. There was no traces of anyone else only Izuku's bloodied shirt. Katsuki forced himself to train even harder after that, even ditching school a couple times. Eventually the UA exams came up and he excelled at both the written and physical. Once again he felt like he was to far behind. Katsuki continued to stay within the top three of the top class of first years in UA.

The only reason he didn't out lash so much at UA was because he didn't find it worth anything. Everyone just avoided him, his mind constantly tried to remind him of Izuku but he would push the memories away. When he did fall asleep in class a few times he would utter Izuku's childhood nick name followed by a string of curses. When he would sleep in his bed at night memories of how determined Izuku was to become a hero and be at Katsuki's level would flood his dreams. Even though he was quirk less and he didn't posses any special abilities he was always right behind Katsuki and that scared him. He always wanted to have deku stay on the side lines out of the way so that he would stay safe, so that he wouldn't have to worry about him dying. That plan didn't work he had ended up pushing Izuku so far away that when he needed his help he wasn't even there. Katsuki would often wake in odd hours of the night drenched in sweat and tears streaming down from his ruby eyes. Even when he seemed so ferocious he was just a big teddy bear and Izuku was one of the few to see that.

It had been several weeks since Katsuki had started attending UA and today they would be going on 'rescue' missions at the USJ for their heroics class. All morning Katsuki had a bad feeling stir furiously in his stomach but he decided best to ignore it. While 13 explained everything Katsuki couldn't stay still the odd feeling in his stomach just got worse and worse. Something kept telling him he needed to get ready to fight for his life and the people around him. No matter how hard he tried to shake this feeling it wouldn't leave him. 13 was cut off by a sound emitting from the center of the USJ. Everyone looked down to see villains coming out of a mist like portal. This was the bad feeling Katsuki couldn't shake, getting into a fighting stance. Aizawa was the one to jump straight into the mass of villains, while 13 tried to usher the students out only to be confronted by the mist. The students got separated and Iida was not able to get and call for help. Instead he was warped to another part of the USJ just like all the other students. The fighting continued everyone giving it their all the students where able to defeat most of the villains. Things were looking up for class 1-A they had the leader cornered and his only exit was being threatened by Katsuki.