15: lipstick and chateau

part two

"love begun to hurt in the wildest ways possible, ever since I've given you my heart."

______________________________________

The clinking of wine glasses sent shivers down my spine. Being placed in an uncomfortable setting surrounded by people of a different status - it wasn't fun, to say the least.

Jungkook's hands had never left the side of my waist, his broad chest turning into a place of unexpected comfort. He clings onto me closely, the light touches of his fingers too intimate to be labelled a 'friend'.

But a few minutes into the party, he had to leave hurriedly for a reason I wasn't told about. Thus, I was now left alone, roaming the floor like a lost child.

So imagine my relief when my eyes landed on a familiar looking figure, leaning at the edge of the balcony. He seemed to be enjoying his solitude.

"Jimin.." I called him, approaching with small steps. He turns to face me, the strands of his silver hair glowing under the moonlight. It framed his equally ethereal facial structures.

"Soojung." he replies, the corner of his parted lips curving into a slight smirk. I stared at the way his body appeared leaning on the side of the balcony. And before I knew it, I was checking him out.

"...if you stare anymore, I'll feel embarrassed." his voice broke me into reality, and I felt a blush spread across my cheeks. It wasn't my fault, anyway. It was a different side of Jimin from his casual wear, the way the white sleeves were tucked tightly against the curves of his arms, and the blazer that laid neatly on his shoulder.

"Sorry." I glanced shyly at him, and then back to the moon. Jimin chuckles softly, before licking his dry lips and begun checking me out.

"you look beautiful." he complimented, running a hand slowly across his hair. Both pairs of eyes locked and it sucked the air out of my lungs. I was too distracted by how he gazed at me that my ears tuned out the noises inside the building, leaving my senses all focused on him.

And he seemed to give me his undivided attention as well. The smirk on his lips grew wider, the atmosphere heightened with tension. Jimin loosened his tie, adjusted his collar and started to walk closer to me.

"Do you know..." he trails off, his body inching closer to mine. I stepped back in response, eventually feeling my back hit the cold surface of the railings.

"...that as the night draws in, we become animals of sin?"

He leans close to my body, both his hands firmly gripping the rails on my sides. I studied his expression that darkened gradually, my heart beating out of place.