31: malicious plans

(3RD PERSON POV)

"Look what you've accomplished!" Jungkook's mother scolded the maid harshly. "You should've poured all that tea and left a nasty scar on her face."

"I-Im sorry, madamé...." the maid bows apologetically.

"Still, look how much we've made him waver. Ever since we proposed for him to go to London, he's been occupied with that girl and even flunking his near perfect studies. I'll say it's a good thing that we asked him to bring her here and try to scare her off." The father noted, sipping his tea in a composed manner.

"And even if he didn't drop to the second place, we could've made up another reason to bring her here." mother agrees.

"Are we proceeding with the plan?"

"Yes, we will." mother nods.

"We'll send him to London immediately."

_______________________________________

(JUNGKOOK'S POV)

"Please...don't leave me alone here.." I clutched on her desperately, as if she's going to slip through my fingers and disappear. At this moment, it really felt like she would.

Soojung gazes at me with worry, with slight confusion in her eyes. "What do you mean? I'm not leaving you anywhere..."

"You see," I started to explain, my eyes stinging with tears. "The hickies you gave me weren't just a lucky charm.."

"I have an engagement, with another girl."

"W-what do you mean?...Jeon Jungkook, why are you only telling me this now?" Soojung's eyes started to tear up as well. I felt my heart drop to the ground, with the entire world crashing down upon me.

"Jeon Jungkook, are we breaking ties?" Soojung's voice begun to crack under pressure. I felt myself freeze, not knowing what to do. Her hands clutches to the fabric of my clothes desperately, clawing on it with intense fear and sorrow.

"No....not right when you started to love me back." My heart squeezed together in pain, and my breaths begun to fall short. "I can't. I can't let you go."

"Not after everything...not after you've taken my heart, you can't leave it there to wither and die."

"Then what will become of us?" Soojung breaks down, her tears slowly cascading down her face.

"It's alright.... I'm not going anywhere...." I reassured her, squeezing her body tightly.

And for the first time,

I told her a lie.