36: apart

"What.....What do you mean he's going to London?!" I immediately grabbed his shoulders, shaking him vigorously. He retaliates by pushing me to the ground, and a sharp pain courses through my ankle as I hit the floor.

"Like I said. After the flight takes off, I'm releasing you. There's no use. He's already gone from your life...Miss Soojung."

Tears begin to well up in my eyes. What happened to the promise he made of never leaving me? That was a lie? Was our relationship, just a.....lie?

No, Soojung. You can't.

I shouldn't let myself fall to negative thoughts— I have to be strong, all the more when they are targeting my weaknesses. I wasn't a damsel in distress, waiting for the knight to do something himself; I was my own superhero. I knew it myself that I was capable of more than I expect, so I thought deeply.

Roundhouse kick. 45 degrees to the left, then turning to swoop upright. It probably wasn't the right technique, but it was enough to cause Jungkook to faint. I took slow steps to him when he's oblivious and— hit his temple with the force of my weight. He tumbles down like a fallen treebranch, much to my delight.

I then proceeded to take the key from his black satin pants. Before unlocking the door, I checked for his pulse to see if he was alive. Don't get me wrong — I wanted to knock him out, not murder him. This can be counted as self defence under the law....right?

The place I was at was an abandoned warehouse with a small road. Fortunately for me, there were a few cars driving past. I ran towards one of them, a Toyota, and hailed it; and much to my surprise, it stopped for me.

"Please, take me to the airport. I'll do anything to pay you back....So, please!" I begged the driver.

The driver was a small woman with slight wrinkles crinkling at the sides of her eyes, probably middle-aged. She adorned a plain shirt and shorts. The woman then examines my desperate expression, and gestures me to come in.

"For whatever reason you have, it better be good." She smiles radiantly, revving up the motor.

"Now then...Should we go full speed?"

_______________________________________

"We're here, young lady. Just leave, I don't need compensation." the woman gestures me to go. I nodded quickly and thanked her, before running full speed into the terminals to look for jungkook.

However, no matter how much I tried to find him, I couldn't. The airport was way too big and it might not even be the airport he was at in the first place.

"She's safe, right?"

I instantly turned my head to the direction of the voice I knew so well. It was his figure, about to board the plane. Jungkook was talking to one of his guards that seemed to confirm him of something.

I ran.

I ran with all my might towards Jungkook, across the terminal, shouting his name. I didn't care about the people who stared at me. I didn't care about the guards that immediately pulled me back.

I didn't care about anything at all.

"Soo...Soojung!" He runs towards me as well, dropping his bag along the way. However, he was stopped by the numerous guards around him as well, restricting his movement. Thinking quickly, I bit one of the guards' arms and made my way towards him.

"Soojung...soojung" Jungkook calls my name repeatedly, hugging me tight. He wraps his large arms around my torso, squeezing it like never before. I squeezed back.

But alas, we were pulled apart quickly again. The guard threatened him of my safety, and Jungkook's eyes wavered with hesitation.

"I don't care what they do to me, Jungkook....Just don't leave me here..." tears begin to roll down my cheeks. "Please."

"I can't let you be harmed..." He caresses my face, probably for the very last time, and I witnessed his eyes water up as well.

"Soojung...You deserve to be happy. Please eat well, for me..."

My heart started to decay.

"What were the promises you made? You said I'll be happy, but what use is it?"

"...You told me you'll love me....but what is this...?"

Jungkook, unable to think of a reply, his heart broken with sorrow, took one last look at me.

"It's time to go." the guard pulls him back, forcing him to board the plane.

As I watched his figure leave, memories of our past flooded my mind. Our first meeting, our love, our memories, like the plane, it flew away, far and beyond the skies....never coming back again.

_____________________________________

A/N: don't worry, it's not the end yet. Please be patient with a new update ! The new character will have a role.