16: games

"Jungkook...?" I tapped his back gently,  my voice cautious and soft. He stirs a little in my embrace, diving deeper into the nape of my neck.

I allowed him to calm down in my arms for a little while. The tension in the air rises, and I could feel his warm breath tickling the sides of my ear, his chest rising and falling against mine.

"Hey." he says, pulling away to face me with deep set eyes. I was taken aback by his gaze, one that seemed to pierce through the depths of my soul. He looks at me curiously, and my eyes darted away to his ears that had turned scarlet red.

"Can you stay with me till sunrise?"

My eyebrows knotted in confusion since I wasn't sure of what I heard. Is he asking me to stay the night with him, together, on this bed?

"I meant," Jungkook's cheeks flushed slightly, flustered at my reaction. "to stay awake with me until tomorrow."

My eyes were locked intently on Jungkook as he loosened his tie, letting out a deep exhale from his reddened lips. It wasn't very helpful when I noticed the translucent fabric of his white shirt, hugging tightly on his built muscles underneath.

"But what will we do?.." I glanced away as soon as he turns back to me. Jungkook's parted lips curved up into a cunning smirk, and he rolls up his sleeves at the question.

"Games." he answered.

_______________________________________

"UGHHH! IT'S RIGGED" I yelled, stomping on the floor frustratedly.

"Just admit it, Miss Rank Two..." Jungfuck and his irritating voice rose the anger flaring up in my chest. He seems to enjoy it as I glared daggers at him.

"Another round. I'll beat you this time..." I folded my arms, biting my bottom lip as I shot him another annoyed expression. He remains unfazed, accepting my challenge for the sixth time.

And thus we begun our bickering, occasionally wrestling each other on the floor when he attempts to cheat. Each time however, I was left defeated on the ground , unable to fight against his godlike strength and cheeky smiles.

As he straddled my waist, his eyes instantly directed themselves to my bare thighs, and I realized the dress had ridden up while we were mingling. He pulls it down for me, averting his eyes from what he just saw.

"Yah, pervert!" I kicked him lightly on the shoulder, and held on to the edge of my dress. A stifled laugh escapes from his mouth, the most genuine, authentic laughter that I've ever heard from him. It was the kind of laughter that displayed his bunny teeth, and his adorable eye smile.

"Are you that happy?" my lips also curved up into a grin at his reaction. Jungkook stared at me with an expression I haven't seen before, an unwavering warmth that seems to habour in his honest eyes. Loving, as I would call it.