24: cow poop

I've said it.

The glow in Jimin's eyes faded away slowly, like the dull fire of a candle. It took a long minute to process my answer in his head; as a forceful smile made its way onto his trembling lips.

"I'm fine. As long as you're happy, the hurt goes away." he tells me in a soft voice, prompting me to not feel the guilt that is starting to halt every breath I take. It was his own kind of kindness - thinking of others before himself.

But more than anything, I didn't want to lead him on. My heart knows where it belongs, and it's with Junglecock.

"He can be an ass sometimes, but I love him. I'm certain of that." I told him honestly, unfaltering in my words. "However - I've never regretted meeting you, Jimin."

_______________________________________

"This is the last place we will visit before we head back home. As you can see, it's a dairy farm!" the teacher exclaims excitedly. "Please find your group and explore the area."

I watched the others disperse like little ants, walking aimlessly to find their members; and I also joined them in their hunt, my eyes scanning for a certain Junglecock.

"...Soojung?" Jungkook's eyes lit up as he spots my figure behind a hoard of girls that gathered around him. He makes a straight beeline towards my direction, ignoring the prompts from other girls.

"What were you doing? I was waiting for yo-

"Is that your girlfriend?" His words were cut off by a gentle voice amongst the girls.

"It's a different kind of relationship!" I answered immediately to prevent any misunderstandings. By relationship, I was implying that we're firm rivals- but to my confusion, the girls seemed to gasp loudly at my statement.

"Y-you mean, the both of you...." they darted their eyes from me to Jungkook, exchanging whispers with one another. I was left a puzzled mess as compared to Jungkook, who instantly guessed what they were thinking.

"Yep, and we're so busy doing it recently, that I just got caught being in the bed with her last night." He  smirks widely, reminding me of the event earlier where I was setting up the bedsheets in the boy's headquarters. Without hesitation, I nodded in agreement - which caused the girls to gasp even louder.

Jungkook then leans forward, back-hugging me with his lips pressed onto my shoulder. "So it's like this. I can't give away my number anymore...since she's all I can handle."

The girls, absolutely dumbfounded, left without a single word. I could tell from their faces that they won't be hitting on him anytime soon.

"What was that?" I turned to him, still perplexed.

"Forget about that, I just remembered something." Jungkook smiles cheekily, avoiding the topic.

"What is it?"

"Well- since you don't want to be mine, I've made up my mind. I'll be yours instead." He places his hand on my palm. "And since I belong to you now, you can hold me, hug me, kiss m-

Jungkook's childish remarks begun to ease off my ears, and I turned to look around where we were standing. Upon landing my eyes onto sacks of what seems to be -cow poop, for the plants, I bent down and carried it in my arms.

"What's this?" Jungkook furrows his brows in confusion as I handed the small packs of cow dung to him, stacking it one by one silently. Somehow - he's able to carry all of them in his right arm without a problem. "You need these fertilizers" I said, reaching down for more. "So you can grow the hell up."

Jungkook clicks his tongue at my words. "I'm not a plant."

"Yeah, you're not, because you're a fucking seed" I finished stacking the fertilizers and walked away briskly; leaving him with a shocked- but amused smile on his face.

_______________________________________

A/N: lmao soojung's savagery will never end

Anyway, this is a mini update since you all have been waiting so patiently. I got things done and the next turn of the plot will start in the next chapter! You've already gotten a sneakpeak of the new character ;)

SPOILERS:

-It's the girl with the black rimmed glasses and pigtails lol

-there will be Angst