Chapter 2

No ones POV
Mike and el walk into the house to find nobody is home. Mike goes into the kitchen to see a note on his fridge.

Dear mike,
There was an emergency in Johannesburg for your aunt who is in the emergency room. She has to go into surgery. We will be back in 3 weeks. I would have took you with us but you have to go to school. There is enough food in the fridge to last you a week. Nancy will take care of you I talked to hopper about your little friend.i will let her stay with us for as long as she needs but this means that's she will get her own bed in the basement. Tell Nancy everything on this note.
                                         Love Mom
Mike was and would tell eleven the news later but for now he needed to get some ice on his eye. He went into the freezer and grabbed a blue ice pack. Mike is returned to el at the front door.
"Do you want to go to the basement or my room."  Mike asks

"Basement" el replies
The walk into the basement and decide to sit in el's old fort."
"How is eye?" El asks
"Oh it's fine. It hurts a little bit but it was worth it." Mike smiles at el. El smiles back at him.
"Did you have fun tonight" mike asked
" I liked the dancing. I did not like the mouth breather." El said giving him a serious look like always.
"I'm sorry eleven." Mike says sadly
" it's ok mike ." Eleven said honestly.
Mike gave eleven a smile.
"I really did miss you." Mike said with a. Blush coming over his face.
"You don't hate me for not talking to even when I could?" El asks
"How could I hate you. It isn't your fault that you had to be safe." Mike replied modestly
El smiled at him
"You know I used to think you were around. Like the day you went missing I swear I thought I saw you looking at me threw the window." Mike chuckled softly. El gave him a guilty expression
"Mike I was there. I'm sorry" el said hoping mike would not get mad. Mike has a frozen shocked expression on his face.
"I though was nuts that day. Guess not." Mike said and smirked at el
"Any other time that you saw me and I didn't see you?" Mike asked with a bit of sarcasm. Since el did not get the sarcasm she nodded her head.
"What?! When?" Mike asked shocked
"When you were with Max and she was riding the strange bike. El said with guilt
"Ok the tiny bike is called a skateboard. Mike corrected. "
Also did you use your powers to knock her off her skateboard?" Mike asked
We shamefully nodded her head.
"Why" mike questioned
"I do not know. I was mad and I did not even get why." El answered confused. Mike then knew exactly what was going on. El was jealous of max.
"That is called being jealous. It is a feeling you get when someone has something you want."
"Is that bad." El asked
"Most of the time, yes but sometimes no." Mike responded
"Oh...I am sorry" el replied sadly
"If it makes you less jealous, I didn't really like max to begin with either." Mike gave a small smile
"Why" el asked curiously
"She wasn't you. Everyone pretended like everything was normal when you left. Well everyone except for me. That day i was actually trying to convince her to back off our group. Mike pauses
""I wasn't ready let go. I don't I ever would have." Mike said with a deep look in his eyes Eleven smiles at him.
"So What did you do all this time that you were gone."
El tells mike everything that happened to her over the year. Even about Dr: Brenner
"Wow that must have been a rough year for. you." Mike says
"I am scared." El says with a worried expression.
"Why" mike asks
"What if Papa is still alive?" El asked with a worried tone
"Yeah that made me scared. If your papa is still alive then we could a serious problem on our hands." Mike said seriously. El then looked at her hands very confused. Mike then realized she didn't get that saying.
"On our hands just means that we have or may have or not. Like it is or isn't on us." Mike clarifies.
"What if papa comes after me again? El says very scared.
"I won't let him. I will fight him off if it happens." Mike says in a slightly protective tone.
"Promise?" El asked. The question brought back certain thoughts. Thought of that first week he met El. It also made him think of when he lost her in that same week. But just that day he had asked her the same question. He thought about this within the span of a second.
"Promise." Mike said with a sparkle in his eyes. El smiled at him. The stared at each other for awhile until the heard a knock on the door. Mike went up the stairs and opened the door. It was Lucas, Dustin, and Max.
"You alright dude?" Lucas asked concerned
" yeah we saw the whole thing. We would have come sooner but we were trying get will to come. He actually stayed to dance with that girl."
"I'm fine guys." Mike says calmly
"Your eye doesn't look so fine." Max points out
"Thanks for the observation." Mike says with the slightest bit of annoyance. Max felt it  though. Even if el was back mike still didn't exactly like Max that much.
"Where's el" Dustin asks
"She's in the basement." Mike responds
"What were you guys doing down there." Dustin asks with a smirk on his face.mike gives him an annoyed look.
"Nothing we just talked." Mike said nervously
"Fine whatever well we just came to check you but we will see you tomorrow."
Max and the boys said goodbye and left.
Mike goes back downstairs to find el in her fort already asleep
"Goodnight El" Mike whispers gently. He decides to grab some pillows and bring them down to the basement. He then makes a small bed on the opposite side of the basement. He closes his eyes and falls asleep slowly.

Hope you all enjoyed chapter 2. I think that I will try and update at least once a week. In the comments tell me what you guys think will happen in season three. Until next chapter. BYEEEE.