Chapter 18

Mike's POV
We rushed her to Dr. Owens in an ambulance
"C'mom eleven don't die." I whispered her ear. We continued to the hospital and arrived after 7 minutes. I felt tears running down my face. I wasn't the only one. Everyone was crying just as much as I am. She was soon rushed to a special medical room in a hospital.  She was then attached to an oxygen mask. Dr. Owens told everyone to go to the waiting room. I didn't want to but if it mean el getting better then I will do it.
After an hour there was still no news about weather eleven was going to be ok or not. I'm worried about her.
It's been 2 more hours and still no news. It's about midnight and everyone is asleep. How can they be? I mean my relationship with her aside, how can anyone sleep knowing a dear friend could possibly die. It really is sad.
After what seemed like forever  Dr Owens finally came out of the room. I jolted out of my seat and ran up to him.
"Is she ok? Is she awake? Is she gonna live?" I ask hurriedly
"Woah, woah woah kid calm down let me speak." He said calmly. I cant though I need to know if she is ok.
"Well There is some good news and bad news." He said
"Well what's the good news." I asked anxiously
"Well the good news is that she is alive and is breathing." He said hopefully. I had a breath of relief. Thank god she is alive,
"Well what's the bad news?" I ask curiously and scared.
"Well the bad news is." He pauses and takes a deep breath. " the bad news is that she's in a coma and may wake up." He says slowly
My eyes grow wide in disbelief.
"You can't be serious" I say with doubt
"I'm afraid I am." He said nodding his head. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I may never see her smile again. Or her laugh. Or when she blushes.
"Well is there any chance she could up." I ask hopefully
"Yes a slim chance though." He says sadly. I looked behind me and everyone was awake and some were in tears.
"Can I see her really quickly." I asked
"Yes but not  for very long." He told me.
"Ok" I said walking into the room. She was pale  and lifeless just like I last saw her. She had an oxygen mask on like before.it was big. I felt more tears role down my eyes. I whispered " I love you." I don't expect to hear it back this time.  I kiss her on the head and leave the room.

Time skip to a month and a half to Christmas Eve

Mike's POV still
It's only been a month and yet it feels like years since eleven was pronounced to be in a coma. I miss her so much. Everybody has already moved on  but I can't. I won't move until on. I will never move on as long as she is in that Coma. I feel depressed. I go to my shelf and look and the one picture of me and eleven together. It was me and her sleeping on the couch.i Remember that day.  Today I have to go to the mall for a dumb Santa thing. I do it every year. I hate going every year. Maybe it will cheer me up this year.
"Mike, time to go." My mom yells. Nancy's lucky. She doesn't have to go because she is older than 15 and I'm only 14. I got in the car with holly  and begin to drive to our local mall. I huffed as we drove.
"Sad?" Holly asked in a whisper. I was a bit surprised. She talks but not to me much. Then again she is 4.
"Yeah Holly sad." I whispered to her enough to hear. She looked at me confused
"Why sad?" She asked
"My friend could be gone forever." I tell her.
"What's fafever mean?" She asked. Of course she can't even say forever right never know what it means. Mom doesn't really have the time to teach her many words.
"Forever means  a long time.  until you die." I tell her. She then reminded me of eleven how she used to never know any vocabulary.
We arrived and Holly just looking at me sadly. It kind of made me feel better to know that my four year old sister cares about me. We get to the Santa stand. We wait in line for about 10 minutes. Holly goes first. She asks for a unicorn. My mom then takes a picture. Then I'm next.
"And What is your name young man?" The fake Santa asks.
"Mike." I answer
"Now what do you want for Christmas," he asks. I think about eleven being in a coma.
"My friend is sick and for Christmas all I want is for my friend to get better." I say
"Well Santa will see what he can do." He says with a chuckle.  My mom takes a picture and we head home. As soon as we arrive home I go to bed and fall asleep right away.
The next morning I wake up bored. Even Christmas itself can't even make me happy. I get yo and go to the tree and open my present. I pretend to be exited and grateful. None of these gift are as good as having eleven in my arms. I got a ghost buster on tape, and some Star Wars toys. They were all nice, but not eleven being not in a coma, nice. I wish she was here. I would be able to explain what Christmas is. I would have gotten her the picture of both of us in a fancy frame. I sigh looking at my new toys. I hear a light ring. I ignore it. Two seconds later I hear it again.
"Mike get the phone!" My Mom yells. I huff and go to the phone.
"Hello?" I say
"Hi it's doctor Owens can I speak to mike wheeler."he says. He is probably jus calling to say merry Christmas. He calls sometimes to see how I am doing about the eleven thing.
"Yeah it's me." I say.
"Good I called to say some news." He says cheerfully.
"What is it." I bet it's that he is just gonna day that eleven is making "Progress". He does that sometimes.
"Eleven has woken up from her coma."

YAYAYYAYAY ELEVEN IS AWAKE. I bet you all saw that coming. I know I said that would update today so I did. Depending on where you live. Well for me it's midnight so I updated a couple minutes late. Anyway OMG WE HIT 4K thank you guys so much. It feels like every week I go up 1k.  Anyway see you guys next chapter BYEEEE