Chapter 14

Mike's POV
As we stood there hugging and crying I though on how lucky I am to have such a great family. We all pull apart. Nancy gives us a promising look.
"I swear I will do anything to keep you guys safe." She said to us with her tear stained face.
"Thank you." Eleven says softly.
"Anytime." She says. She gives us one more big hug and then goes upstairs. I look at eleven and grab her hand. I could tell that the tears were starting flow down slowly now. At least she was getting better.
"You ok." I ask her
She nods her head slowly. I needed to be sure
"Don't lie." I say to her
"No not okay." She says sadly.
"I'll stay in the basement tonight." I say to her
She gives me a small smile. I smile at that. Even if we both had a tear stained face I knew everything would be ok. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but one day. I take my free hand wipe off one of her tears off her face.
"I will never let anything happen to you.I reassure her. "You know that right?" I ask her She gives me a mall nod. I give her another hug and then we pull apart. I go upstairs for a second to grab a pillow and a blanket for sleeping. I then go back downstairs to eleven. We then go downstairs hand in hand. I place my pillow and blanket a fair amount away from el's fort. I may love her but I still believe in personal space. I wouldn't want either of us to be uncomfortable. Once I have my things set up I go over to el, who is fiddling with her thumbs under her fort. I go next to her and put my arm around her. I began to blush. The whole boyfriend thing is new to me still. Her face still had those tears marks on her. She looked at me after a while. I give her a small
Smile. She gives me a small smile as well. She then leans her head on me. I felt comfortable. Things are going to be rough but I know that we can make it threw it all. We stayed like this for a couple of minutes. Before I knew it eleven was asleep on my shoulder. I gently moved her off my shoulder. I then began to lightly put her down onto her pillow. I then put her blanket over her body. She was peaceful and pretty. I decided that I should probably go to bed. I went into the blanket and pillow that I set up. It was think blankest and felt like a sleeping bag. The only problem with it was that I couldn't sleep. Inly one thing was on my mind and that one thing was Brenner. He is alive. I understand why eleven can't kill him. It's like my relationship with max. I don't hate her but I'd like to.The only difference between the four of us it that the relationship between Brenner and eleven has made an impact on el a lot, and the fact that I am "warming" up to max. I notice that eleven is squirming her fort. She then begins to say no. She say this louder and louder. Within a couple seconds I go to her fort and start shaking her. I the call her name trying to wake her up. After a couple of shakes she gives a big inhale and begins to breath heavily. Her breaths begin to be replaced with tears. She then hugged me. I was a bit shocked at first but I then hugged back. She pulled away and looked at me.
"Mike." Her voice began to shake.
"What is it." I asked her
"Bad dream. Papa. You were gone. Papa took you." She said with sharp breaths in between.
"It's ok now. I'm still here. Brenner is our only problem and we will fix it." I said to her calmly She Then made a face of realization. I gave her a concerned look.
"What is it." I asked concerned.
"I need to tell you something." She said in a slightly serious tone
"What is it." I asked. I was now really scared and worried.
"I saw something that day that something was wrong with Dustin." She said nervously.
"What did you see." I asked her with fear.
"I thing I saw the gate." She tried to explain. I knew she couldn't find the words though.
"What do you mean by gate." I asked looking as confused as always eleven does when i explains something to her. She took a deep breath.
"I don't know. It was there for not long. I think it was from the upside-down." She said in small sentences.
"You think it's from the upside-down?" I asked
"Maybe." She says
"This is could be a very big problem eleven." I say concerned.
"I know Mike." She says to me.
"Well if it was only a second should we be worried?" I asked her questionably. She then had another worried expression on her face.
"What else happened eleven." I raised my voice a bit with a concerned and worried tone.
"Well I the gate was open for a second that
I saw." She took another deep breath." But I did see something in it. At least I think I did." She said with a thinking face on.
" What do you think it was." I asked her.
"I don't know." She said.
"Well What did it look like." I asked her
"It was small, black and puffy like smoke." She said trying to be as descriptive as she could.
"Like a........" I paused for a second hitting realization. "Shadow." I finished my sentence.
Mike's flashback
"Dustin! What happened to you?" I asked him wondering why he was asleep for so long.
"Well I think I saw or was in the upside down." He said still sounding in a daze.
"Well how did you escape?" Will asked him
"There was a gate or a portal. I stuck my hand threw it a There was goo all over my hand when I took it out. I wondered what I should do. I looked around. I decided to go threw it. And then I woke up." Dustin explained.
"Did you see anything?" Lucas asked
"Well the shadow monster chased me. I ran. He never got to me though." He explained.
"Anything else?" I asked him
"Well when I was about to turn around to go into the gate I swear I saw something go in before me." He said looking like he was trying to remember.
"What did it look like?" Max asked with an interested face on."
"It looked like a small shadow but I only got a glimpse of it."
End of flashback

"Mike! Mike!" Eleven was calling my name. I snapped back into reality
I looked at her with a worried face.
"I think we're in trouble." I say to her
"You and me?" She asked
"No....all of us." I respond with a serious tone.
Sorry i have not been able to update a frequently as usual. Chapters, like you would guess, sometimes the flow faster than others. All my slow chapters means that I'm just getting ready for a good long  one. (Hint hint) Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Oh one more thing. THIS STORY HAS ALMOST HIS 2000 reads in 3 week. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.  Thanks for the support as well. BYEEEE