Chapter 9

Mike's POV
We were screaming his name and he opened his eyes.
"Dustin your back." I yelled with happiness
"How....how long was I out for." He stuttered. I looked at my watch and gulped
"4 hours" I gave him a sad look. I saw him breath heavily. I could also see the worry in his eyes. He took a deep breath and then began to breath normally.
"It wasn't a dream, was it?" He sighed
"Yeah it wasn't" I replied. He looked at eleven. He gave her a weak and small smile.
"Thanks el. If it wasn't for your small wording I..." he sighed." I couldn't have gotten out." He let out a tiny chuckle.
"You are welcome." Eleven said sincerely. Everybody else was in state of relief.
"Your mom's probably worried sick. You should Home. I will even escort you." Hopper stated
"Thank chief." Dustin said while nodding his head.(Hey that rhymes) I turned to eleven.
"We should get going." I tell her
She nods her head and we say bye to everyone. Well except for lucas. We may have found Dustin but that doesn't mean I forgive him for what he said. Nancy offered to give us a ride home but I said no. Mostly because her car couldn't fit my bike. El and I hopped on my bike and began to ride off. It was pitch dark and I was a bit scared but I had eleven and that made me feel better. I knew she was scared though because she was gripping on my chest really tight. For some reason that made me feel even better. Not because she was scared but the fact on how tight she was holding on to me. It made my cheeks red. It also made my cheeks hot. I didn't care though. After we got to my house we sat down on my couch. We were beat. Totally exhausted.

Nancy's POV
I heard the door open and shut. I had figured that mike had just Home. It took him 20 minutes. I walked into the living room because I heard footsteps going in there.
"You know I really could've given you that....." I stopped mid sentence. It was adorable. Eleven's head was rested on Mike's shoulder and they were both asleep. If I had a camera I would take a picture. Oh wait Mom has a camera. I walk into my parent bedroom and grab a camera from the shelf. Then I take the picture of the two of them. I fan it off and it shows the picture. I leave the room and head off to bed.

Mike's POV
I woke up the next morning with eleven's head rested on my shoulder. I began to get red and felt my cheeks grow warm. I saw Nancy walk into the room I was currently in. She smirked at me. I gave her a nasty look.
"You guys looked so cute together when you were sleeping." She mocks me
"Shut up Nancy." I whispered
"It was so cute. Oh speaking of cute, I got you a early Christmas gift." She says with a mockingly happy tone. She then pulls a small picture of me and el sleeping together. I don't know if she was mocking me but I did want it. It was pretty cute and I don't have a picture of me and el.
"Can I actually..... have that. I want it for....memories." I admit with an even redder face.
"Sure I told you it was an early Christmas gift." She told me.
She handed me the picture and I started at it and smiled.
"Thanks." I whisper.
She mouths "your welcome." Nancy leaves and el begins to lightly open her eyes.
"Good morning" I whisper
"Good morning." She says groggily with a tired smile.
"Do you want some eggos for breakfast?" I ask with a smile. Her eyes shoot open and she leaps from the couch. I then see her walk into the dining room. I give a light chuckle and go into the kitchen. I then go into the freezer and grab 4 eggos. I then plop them into the toaster and wait. When they are done I grab two plates and put 2 eggos on each one. I grab some maple syrup and silverware, and walk into the living room. I sit next to el and put the plate and some silverware in front of her. She puts some maple syrup on the waffle and begins to shove the eggo into her face with fork. I lightly laugh and begin to eat myself. Soon we finished.
"So what do you want to do now?" I asked el
"I don't know. What do people usually do?" Sh asked.
"Well we usually go to school but that is tomorrow." I explain
"School?" She questioned
"Oh school is a place where you learn things." I explain to her again.
"Oh well what do when you are not in school." She asks
"Well I usually just hang out with the guys and go to the arcade." I say. She wouldn't understand what an arcade is
"Arcade?" She asked. I knew she wouldn't understand
"It's a place where you play games.i know you wouldn't like that." I day to her
"Oh." She says with a bit of a sad expression
"Well we could just walk around the area and.......talk." I suggested. She smiles and nods.
"Nancy we are going for a walk!" I yell  so Nancy will hear me. We go outside and begin to walk the neighborhood. It felt awkward. I looked at elevens hand and my heart began to race. I took a deep breath and grabbed her hand. I quickly intertwined them.she looked at me. I was very nervous to what she would say. She just gave a small smile. The Smile made me melt. I gave a small smile back and continued to look forward as I walked.
"Mike." El said
"Yes" I asked el
"Remember when you and Lucas were fighting?" She asked. How could I forget
"Y..Yes." I hesitated.
"He said a word didn't understand but don't remember what it was. He mentioned me but I didn't know what it meant." She recalled
I thought for a second. Well he mentioned locking lips. She must have gotten that when though. He mentioned protecting but she must know what that means. He mentioned her being my........girlfriend. That must be it. It has only been a couple of seconds before I realized. I gulped
"Oh you mean when he said.....girlfriend" I said slowly. She gave me a blank look
"Yes that was it. What that mean." She asked.
My heart began beating fast. My face went red. Was I really about to tell a girl that I have deep strong emotions for, know what a girlfriend was? Could it possibly lead to her being my girlfriend? I take a deep breath
"A girlfriend is someone that a girl or boy would go out with. They do things like hug, hold hands, kiss, go on dates. A girlfriend usually has a boyfriend which is the same it it's a boy. That's called a couple or a pair. When people area couple most of the time the two people really like each other." I explain
" does that mean that I am your girlfriend?" She ask me. My stomach begins to churn. For some reason I swear I saw eleven getting red. That's probably my imagination. I looked at her
"I mean most of the time a boy or girl would ask to be boyfriend or girlfriend to them." I told her nervously
"Well will you be my boyfriend then." She stops walking and looks at me with her hand still interlocked with mine.
"Of course I would." I said nervously. She gives me a sad look.
"You sound like you want to say no." She says to me
"No it's not it's just.." I huffed" I wanted to be the one to ask you to be my girlfriend. I wanted it to be more special" I say to her with a deeper red crawling to my cheeks.
"Ok. Ask me." She says with a blank expression
"W...well people don't do very casually." I explain to her
"Oh ok" she says giving me a sad look. She then looks down and continues walking. I felt so bad. I did want to be her boyfriend but I wanted it to be special.then an idea popped into my mind.
"Well What if I took you out on a date. That is what a couple would do." I tell her
"We are not a couple though." She points out
"I know but we could be. I just the time when I ask you to be......you know......special." I explain to. She gives me a small smile.
"Ok." She says to me. Great then it's settled. I am going to ask eleven to be my girlfriend tonight.
I talked to my friends and I settled everything. I feel better and that why I was able to update today. I hope you guys liked this chapter and I am so happy that I am getting at least 100 reads a day.  That is incredible. Thank you guys. BYEEEE